Physical symptoms without feeling anxious?

Posted , 37 users are following.

Is it possible to still have symptoms of anxiety without being anxious or having a panic attack at the moment? I am constantly feeling the symptoms which actually MAKE me feel anxious. Like my body twitches nonstop, my body trembles, etc. It's such a bother and I wonder if any of you still get symptoms even if you're not anxious ?

7 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have physical symptoms without feeling anxious, but my symptoms slowly make me anxious cause I can't stop myself from ignoring them. My symptoms are from shaky feeling in my arms and legs, stomach is always upset and not feeling right, blurred vision, tension headaches, stiff neck, and well of course the constant feeling of doom to top it all off. I really wish the best for you and anyone else suffering from anxiety. I am currently seeking help for my anxiety.

• Posted

I answered at some point in think it will show uo multiple times. App is acting odd.
    • Posted

Any updates on how you are doing?  I have the same symptoms. 
  • Posted

100% yes. Face numbness with pressure on one sideb. Ear issues. Weird stuff that goes on and for days on and off. Noone cares and i have no clue why it wont stop. They say tmd who knows. It is there then im am anxious. After a while any chronic thing will make a person anxious. We are not robots. I think sometimes anxiety disorders are umbrellas for we dont know but keep calm anyway. But many have ailments too. I do. So then it is we dont know sorry your anxious. Or they dont even care i am anxious. But anyway ailments frost with me and its is frustrating and at times scary. I envy the normal healthy people. I do. 

We all rememeber feeling normal and healthy. So yeah symptoms are a tremendous trigger and i dont think that is health anxiety the way its labeled. Personally makes zero sense. I couldnt even make up symptoms i never knew existed.this is all changing anyway. They are quietly reclassifying stuff takes a decade to do so. Id perfer a cure myself for the ailments and the anxiety. As does everyone else. I guess to consider all the fake additives or pesticdies and radiation would be to admist they caused it all so i dont  think they will do that,

• Posted

Yes trembling to the point where you see me shaking which I try to control but end up shaking harder lol I feel like Iran because our bodies are so used to those symptoms that when we're not anxious it still does it lol but yeah it's apart of anxiety.

• Posted

it's very important to focus on the psychological side of it. forget about the symptoms.  I am doing this and it's helping a lot. I've been with this since July 16 2017 rolleyes I've hated it but made a lot of progress. along with the psychological part , you have to help your body too because it's stressed.  for example, don't eat fried foods, fast foods . I personally don't almost ever eat them before my anxiety hit me and now I don't almost ever either and even more less now. drink tea such as wild sweet orange it's a herbal tea and actually helps so much. tea such as camomile is also good. also, a very good drink is a drink with carrots, spinach, honey, a piece of ginger and lemon with water. the ginger use about a bit bigger than one of your nails because it's bad if you eat a lot.  it's very good tho for you. this helps your body have an easier time working while it's stressed because these habits help your digestive system and really overall body. guys, be with your friends, be with family, play sports, go walkin, watch your favorite movies and ones you haven't seen,do hobbies, go out frequently even if it's just a little bit. fight back don't let get beat by this gruesome anxiety! we've got this!!

• Posted

the teas especially wild sweet orange relax so much!
  • Posted

Yes, I feel the same way for the last 5yrs! The Dr's keep saying it's anxiety and depresion even tho I feel ill not anxious, I had 4 yrs of therepy then got refered to a mental health hospital and got told therepy doesn't work for me? All the tests are fine no problems? So it must be anxiety?? But recently and many hours looking thro Google I found a connection between me and mold illness! And it ticks so many boxes for me!!! I have a badly moldy room in my house the landlord won't fix! And I moved in this house 9 months before my symptoms started, I mentioned this to my gp and he got me in for tests straight away, I'm just waiting for the results? I just wondered does anyone with these feelings live in a mold issue home too? I'd appreciate the info thanks

• Posted

Yup live in a trailer with mold issues ! Roof was leaking two years ago the fixed the roof bug never the wall ! I’ve called no one has come and looked at it or attempted any repairs !  I’m kind of stuck here as well $$$ wise ! Have children and a boyfriend who all seem fine tho 
  • Posted

I have this all of the time. Actually going thought  a bout of it which has made me really anxious because I feel like I was finally getting somewhere and I wasn't anxious at all. Now I have a permanent hand tremor, numbness, tingling, twitches and fatigue. I suffer from terrible health anxiety and was diagnosed with generalised anxiety but I always think it's something terrible.

• Posted

It's so nice to know I'm not alone. Had my first panic attack 3 months ago before a flight. Never had any issues before then. Now it's like a battle for my sanity everyday. I have a few good days and a few more really bad ones. I feel like I'm going crazy...like I'm not myself, dizzy, blurry vision, headache, trembling, hot then cold. It's nuts. I'll do anything to make it go away but nothing seems to work long term. Dr just tossed xanax at me. The idea of taking that made me more anxious. Tried it once and hated the dizzy feeling. I just want my normal life back. I'm always drained and scared I'll have these feelings again.

• Posted

just saw this at the sidebar https://patient.info/doctor/acute-stress-reaction-pro

that seems quite likely, but not exactly.

i know i have anxiety, but ive begun to manage it well. but there are times when im not anxious but sudden things do trigger panic attacks which doesnt make alot of sense.

my symptoms are elevated heart rate and the sudden stomach rumble, and suddenly thoughts just flowed like a crashing wave and i begin to imagine things.

• Posted

Sorry to necro this post, but I wanted to thank everyone.

I just googled "is it possible to be anxious when you give something no thought"... then simplified it, lol, to "anxiety without worry".  This thread has helped and even gave me a possible lead (beta blockers which I'm prescribed but rarely take because I don't really have a problem- just the start of one).

I laugh when I tell people there are actually 3 stress responses:  fight, flight, or sleep.  For me, that's the case anyhow.

Back before meds, I could be driving down the road or among a large gathering of friends and my face would start to tingle, I'd go limp on one side and slur my words as if stroking out, and then I'd fall asleep.  I was tested for narcolepsy and everything.  I had a clean bill of health.  My symptoms were written off as anxiety which both infuriated and humored me.  How can it be anxiety when I'm doing things I enjoy?

But I gave in and got on meds.  They took care of MOST of my problems, MOST of the time.  I still hated the term anxiety though because it implies fretting and fussing.  I'm not a worrier by and large.  I'm optimistic by nature.

I have to travel with my hubby a couple times a year.  Sure enough, before the trips, some of the old symptoms rage their return.  I don't fear travel, it annoys me.  I don't like being out of my comfort zone, my protective bubble, away from my computer, my games, my room.  

I call the face tingles "adrenaline surges" because that's what it feels like to me.  Only, it doesn't subside by much until the trip is over.  Same with my "sleeping sickness" (and I get the sleepiness way before the surges now-a-days but no longer "pass out"wink.

My stressors seem accumulative.  I was thrown into the deep end concerning driving and socializing.  I went from barely driving, ever, to regularly driving a large RV across state in the span of months.  I went from being a perfectly content "hermit" to being an active part of a religious family and preaching to strangers at their door.

Being out of my norm made me uncomfortable but I didn't "fret and fuss".  I figured I needed more exposure.  I would have my symptoms sooner and sooner even though everything went well and good.

THAT DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT TO ME.

I give my discomfort no thought.  I keep busy and procrastinate to keep from thinking about it.  Only my dreams reveal I consider the topics even remotely.

ANYHOW, lol, thank you everyone for contributing here.  I now know I am not alone in this regard.

ps, I've seen a shrink and have been on meds for some 12 years.  Meds tend to work for varying lengths before I have to switch to something else (Once was 8 years before it fizzled out)

pss.  I've had the sleeping sickness since I was a kid but didn't recognize it as a problem.  In fact, my family would laugh and boast proudly that I could sleep anywhere- even the Dentists chair rofl.

• Posted

Anyone here also get heart palplitations? It’s scary along with other symptoms you guys are describing even when you’re not thinking about the anxiety
  • Posted

I've been suffering anxiety for a year now.i even done 4months on sertraline a anti depressent they made me more anxious as in worrying about my health etc.. now with anxiety the physical symptoms are stress in our body now the stress hormone relieces in the body what gives us these physical symptoms so may not feel anxious but 1 week we can have blurred vision then achy arms headaches u name it ...but what I've learnt is our stress levels are never low enough in our body to be calm so the stress response is always on edge waiting to act ..so we have the physical symtoms because with anxiety it makes you very on edge etc etc so 1day we feel anxious next day we are left with symptoms them could at some point in the day feel anxious.. It's a vicious cycle.. I think what we turkey need to do is practice relaxation techniques keep hydrated eat well... be good to your self ... It's took me a year to learn this I'm slowly getting my self back to me some days I can feel that I'm truly me my old self before this anxiety started... I've had a terrible year... I've started gym I'm trying to eat good don't drink coffee I try to meditate i read book in nice warm baths. I try to have a laugh as much as I can surround my self with nice people..but believe me I'm not fully there some days I cry I feel down and I over think the most worse case scenario.s.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.