Physical symptoms without feeling anxious?

Posted , 37 users are following.

Is it possible to still have symptoms of anxiety without being anxious or having a panic attack at the moment? I am constantly feeling the symptoms which actually MAKE me feel anxious. Like my body twitches nonstop, my body trembles, etc. It's such a bother and I wonder if any of you still get symptoms even if you're not anxious ?

7 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was just told that i am suffering of Severe to Extreme Anxiety, my symptoms are chest pain palpitations, racing heart feeling and numbness of my left arm, tingling sensations in random areas of my body.. usually on my lips and finger tips, also headaches sometimes very severe, eye strain, hot flush feelings and a sense of doom like im gonna have a heart attack at any time. Im sometimes completely relaxed when i get these symptoms but its mainly chest pain like my heart hurting so bad. Ive gone to ER 2 times and to a family doctor 3 times and every time my Ekg's are coming back fine and so is my blood tests. Im taking Buspirone 5mg prescribed by my doctor for anxiety and it does not seem to have effect, could be that its too early been on it for a week now.. Idk. Im 29yrs old and felt fine just about a month ago.. It feels like my heart pain is just getting worse but doctors keep telling me its just anxiety and that there are no traces of a heart attack or that it may be happening but i feel that they are wrong but im not a doctor, all i can do is tell them what i feel. Im so scared.. Im afraid of passing away from heart issue and i live alone.. Is anyone feeling these symptoms and tell me for sure that its anxiety. Please help.

• Posted

Btw it usually happens in the afternoons for some reason.
    • Posted

I know you posted 6 mo ago but I'm hoping you see this. I'm 33 female suffering with anxiety and more specifically health anxiety for nearly 10 years. It progressively just started taking hold of my thoughts and I was in the same boat as you with my heart worries in my late twenties. (My mom did too at our age.) it's a constant "feedback loop" we have to break in our heads telling us the very worst case scenerio. Ps afternoons are always a trigger for me too. You are not alone but I do believe things will get better the more proactive we are not necessarily with doctor visits and more tests but moreso recognizing the anxiety that's there and reframing the thoughts that take over. Positive vibes your way. 

• Posted

Sorry this reply is so late getting to you.

Buy some Gas-x.  I get very similar pain during times of high stress.  The chest and arm pain (weirdly enough) are from gas.  A lot of times I can even feel belches trapped in my chest but I just cannot burp.  Gas-x helps a lot.

• Posted

I'm so glad I found this discussion board if still open, I definitely have physical symptoms without anxiety. But then it ironically *brings on* the anxiety because I get the physical symptoms, fun!

The past 3 months I've had scalp pain/tightness/soreness and tension (NOT a headache). It moves around, comes and goes, and seems to get worse with hormonal changes. It can be sore to the touch sometimes in spots and will "flare" up when I might be overthinking or stressed. (At first I hoped it was just my ponytail or bun too tight but unfortunately since cutting it and wearing it down it didn't help.) I'll also get occasional facial numbness or eye twitching, sore tight jaw.

The first time it ever happened two summers ago I had had a panic attack a few weeks prior, so it almost triggered this very frustrating physical symptom(?) I had an MRI and bloodwork-all normal. A year went by and it went away, then came back out of nowhere this February. I'll be the first to admit I've worried its something serious but have to keep reminding myself that someone out there also feel the same way.

So, to answer your question, definitely didn't have much in the way of high anxiety or stress this time around, eat well, healthy otherwise, supplements etc. and yet the symptoms came back anyways. Guess we can't outsmart our own sub-conscience. Good luck to everyone here, anxiety comes in all forms and it's one hell of a uphill battle. 

• Posted

Honestly been feeling like this for years now. Constantly going to doctors and tests coming back positive. Bad head aches, neck tension, fatigue, Feeling out of it, body aches and sometimes feel off balance. I'm 25 so it's really frustrating when i can't enjoy life because of these symptoms. Its crazy how all of this hit me out of no where 5 years ago and i went from someone who was playing sports all day to finding it hard to leave the house.

Its nice knowing im not the only one going through this and hopefully it gets figured out asap

• Posted

Hi, I can so relate. I've been going through a potential diognosis of MS and and have had mucle pain migraines and even been in a wheelchair last year. This has been going on for 2 years and although they found 2 lesions on my brain the results from the lumbar puncture came back clear. Symptoms settled down but fatigue never went away and recently started to feel dizzy and nauseous and whenever I went to the doctors they kept fobbing me off telling me they thought I was depressed or anxious but I don't feel either. Infact I used to suffer with depression and I know 100% it wasn't that. But still they went on and I just wanted the symptoms to Stop so finally I gave in last week and said I'll try anxiety meds for 6 weeks to see if they make a difference. I do however have so many reasons to be anxious at the moment with family deaths etc so I'm open to the fact I might be in denial and it's coming out physically instead but i will be so angry if they find out it's something else and they have been dismissing me this whole time. Watch this space.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.