Physio Pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

So glad I found this forum. I am 21 days post op on one crutch but still in a bit of pain. Had my first physio last week and was almost in tears it was so very painful,I have to go back tomorrow and I am dreading it. Physio just seemed to want to bend my knee to a degree that satisfied her remit and didnt seem to take into consideration the pain she was causing me. I am so sorry I sound like I am whinging, people keep saying " were all different" I hope physio remembers that tomorrow. Am I where I should be? I dont know, I walk with one crutch and have no other aids in the house but I still sleep in the other bedroom on my own just in case my poor long suffering man should kick out in the night smile

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Fran & all!

Finding this forum has been the best medicine for me that I've found as its great to be able to chat to other people in the same situation and to share information, tips etc otherwise you're very much on your own. A pile of exercise notes and 6 weekly sessions with a physiotherapist in a group just doesn't provide enough support and information!

By the way, I was given a bar coded sheet that I was told to keep (relates to the "knee" they've inserted?) Did anyone else get a sheet with bar codes on?

Another "daft" question to folks who've had their TKR for a longer period is how long do you need to wear dead flat shoes?! I've never worn really high heels as my knees couldn't ever cope (even in my teens/20's) but I do have some shoes and boots with 2" heels and wonder if I should hang onto them, or will I be able to wear them at some point? 

• Posted

The notes with barcodes identifies the parts they inserted in your knee in case there is a fault with a part at some time in the future.

I am 20 weeks post op and don't think I'll ever feel happy in any heel in future.  Scared my heel will turn.  Shame, because at 4ft 11 inches, I need all the help I can!

This forum is tremendous.  Shows how we can keep a sense of humour through the MOST difficult time. That's the British fighting spirit for you!

• Posted

I've never been great with heels and haven't been comfortable in them for years. But I hope to wear some for my son's wedding at the end of  next year so I plan to get some practice in before then. (I'm only talking of low heels but still an important challenge 😊 👠👠 ) I'd hang on to yours if I were you 😊 Jen (16 weeks post op ) 
    • Posted

A "bar code" dear God, tell me their not going to shove me on a conveyer belt and charge me £4500 at the checkout smile
    • Posted

Let's hope not.  I certainly wouldn't be a pretty sight!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.