Pickles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had symptoms after eating

Dill pickles? I have IBS d and had some

Dill pickles in a chicken salad and the next day ended with gas pain and loose stools.

Thanks

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have ibs-C and this may be why pickles affect me differently, but I can eat pickles without symptoms. It may be worth another try if you are up to it or particularly love them.
    • Posted

Thanks but it's not worth the bouts of pain and discomfort the morning after smile

• Posted

What is the difference? I have no idea what I have IBS stomach cramps and difficulty leaving the loo or more importantly stomach cramps and stop public transport in the middle of nowhere as I need to get out NOW! Ibs is what I have. 
    • Posted

Hi,

IBS d is symptoms with diarrea;

IBS c ". " with constipation

IBS M. ". ". Mixed stool

I have D when my IBS acts up usually after eating something that

Irritates my gut. The next day I have bade spasms and eventually diarrea. sad it's controlable but when I go off my diet I get screwed!

• Posted

Oh, Goodness. My phine has gotten to the point where it auto correct anything that isn't ibs-C to ibs-c, I'm so sorry about that. I meant ibs-D is diarrhea.

But Diane explained alot better than I have! Thank you diane!

• Posted

This is becoming more complicated than an Ace Frehley solo. I think I have D but I usually have C and then D or more like D squared smile . I think we are in a maths lesson now. 
    • Posted

Right phone not spine. I understand now. It sounds simple but in reality never that simple as both symptoms go hand in hand for me. "Crazy but that's how it goes."

• Posted

You are welcome! It seems to me that the docs haven't a clue what causes this. All I can say is each case is different. I have a type A personality and when I was a kid I suffered from constipation. Mom would give me prune juice every morn before school. When I joined the air force and was studying medical technology I would get bad cramps on and off. The curriculum was intense. I would get major pain. They tried Valium and that did the trick as it was a relaxant. And after the service I was diagnosed w IBS-d. So in my case the trick is to try and remain cool. And follow the FODMAP. Naturally it varies. But for the most part it helps! Good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.