pimple on lip

Posted , 3 users are following.

some one help i have these pimples on my lip when i pop them little yellowish puss comes out, then i start to bleed. After all that it'll leave a scar. i also have pimples on my face when i pop those the same thing yellow puss then it starts to bleed. could it just be a black head or std.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

heres a picture of when i first started to get them about 5 years ago, could it be herpes 
  • Posted

Very unlikely to be an STI.  In your position, I'd either wait to see if they go away, or if they've already been there for a month or two, then maybe see a dermatologist, as they're in a difficult position.  Popping them is likely to make them worse.

You could try this forum:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/acne-197

It doesn't look like acne around your lips, but the people at that forum might know better, and if it isn't acne, they might be able to point you to a different group in the "Skin and nails" section.

• Posted

Your last three pics only appeared after I posted that reply.  I really don't think it's any form of herpes or any other STI.

You can have "herpes" around your lips btw, resulting in cold sores, but that's not the same as genital herpes.  People who've never had sex can get cold sores, and technically, they're caused by a herpes virus, but it's a completely different thing to genital herpes.

• Posted

yeah ive had them since i was 14 and now im 19 they wasn't noticeable until i started popping them but okay thanks ill just schedule an appointment to see a dermatologist i pray its not herps that would really suck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.