Pinching on left side of chest.

Posted , 23 users are following.

Let me start by saying that I am 23 years old, 5'2 and weigh 100lbs. I am slightly underweight and really out of shape, I don't work out at all. I suffer from panic and anxiety and depression. 

With that being said, I've been having this horrible pinching on the left side of my chest. It will be really bad for about 5 mins, w a pinch every like 30 seconds, then go off and come back in half hour or sooner or later. This started yesterday around 3pm then was off until later that night maybe 1am. That's when it got really bad so I went to sleep to avoid this horrible feeling. Today it's been off and on all day long. I'm really scared that this may be something life threatening. I've had an EKG, echo, holter for 24 hrs, chesst xray about 3 months ago when my anxiety was really bad and all was normal. I failed to complete the stress test however bc I started to panic and felt out of breathe. As far as other symptoms, I do feel a bit out of it sometimes when I get the pinching, this can be due to me panicking over it though. 

Thoughts? Should I go back to the doctors? 

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Emilia! Well, I have similiar symptoms and I havent reached yet what is it with my hearth. What is your diagnosis for hearth? 
  • Posted

Get yourself checked for Marfans it's a genetic muscle/bone. Disease that tall skinny people can have.It can also be life threatening if left untreated because a artery above the heart will eventually swell and pop because your heart is beating so hard from the way you muscles are and they give you medicine to make your heart beat slower and softer to prevent this

• Posted

Hi, I see this post has been posted over a year...any prognosis. I stumbled on this site I too am having the same symptoms for overr a year got tested for stress test, ekg, and even where you have to drink a liquid and they inject you with something so your arteries glow in the scan. Everything came out normal. I get a pinching feeling off and on left side and sometimes the right side. I think it's anxiety or stress. Or panic attacks. Not sure how to even get diagnosed with that. Crowded places makes me feel uncomfortable feeling inside, my kids crying and fighting bothers me as opposed to just tuning it out like I use to. I. Not sure why all this is happening now at 40. If anyone else has these issues or know of a solution please let me know. Thanks.

• Posted

Question for you. Does this seem to occur or worsen during pms or your menstrual cycle? I have the exact same issue and have been tracking for a year now and it happens the same days each month.
    • Posted

I feel the same way... after 40 I started to get anxious and crowded areas at times bother me. I get pains every now and then on my left side or a pinch and it scared me. I've been to my cardiologist and everything is always fine... he always says it's the muscle. but because of it, it alarms me and then I just make myself all nervous. I notice that this happens to me before my menstrual cycle and after, as if my hormones have something to do with this.

• Posted

I notice this happens to me when I'm pms'ing and after I'm done with my cycle. My friend says it's hormonal... but I'm beginning to believe it is.

• Posted

Have you ever tried yoga...anxiety,panic,pinching on chest and back can be possible due to various unknown reasons.....when u practice yoga...Ur body generates hormones n chemicals which are capable of fighting all odds within Ur body.I suggest give a try atleast. #innerengineering
  • Posted

Hello, Emilia. Firstly, I'd like to say you and I suffer from the same things. Your issue could be related to your anxiety and stress. Is it up and to the left of the left nipple? That's where my pinch was located. My cardiologist said it was merely anxiety-induced pain, couple with AI (anxiety-induced) gas. Just change your diet to things that will affect your chemicals in a more positive way, and try to make enjoyment a focal point of your life. Carry around music if you have to

• Posted

Hi... I never heard of AI-but I think I get that when I'm stressed because I tend to burp more frequently when I'm anxious.

• Posted

Simply gas. The body tends to release gas (or waste, if you're unlucky) one way or another when dealing with negative emotions.

• Posted

hi my name is Roosevelt Williams , i am from Milford ; Delaware. i have the similar feeling in the left portion of my chest , when i breath it hurt sometimes but not all the time. i mean i smoke so is that a side effect that could be effecting my chest also??? i'm only 18 , im trying to figure out what's wrong with me can you please help. i don't have panic attacks tho. it just hurts.

• Posted

Hi my name is Pawan, I have similar symptoms of pinching on left side of my chest, around heart, sometime feels like inside heart. Did you get a chance to understand its cause & remedy?

• Posted

Hi girl i saw ur post i get it too but mine is inflamation around the heart sac i have congestive heart failure and afib and arrythmia issues that can kill me my heart rate runs 154 i have a pacemaker i was told for years nothing was wrong with me and more then one day i passed out having a syncope spell and it saved my life was my son he was 4 at the time he finally got my heart rate caught at 225 beats after i was told for a long time nothing was wrong had a ablation i was fine til i had chest pain and then i ended up with the pacemaker trust me dont give up bc mine is from congestive heart failure i have fluid around heart sac
    • Posted

Hey skater I had an ablation in 2012 and I'm feeling a pinchy not painful feeling top part of my heart area since yesterday my face gets kinda numb I'm hoping it's nothing but what did you exactly feel b4 getting a pacemaker

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.