Pins and plates in ankle

Posted , 14 users are following.

I got pins and plates in ankle was in cast for 7weeks cast taken off last week doc says wear ur normal shoes and walk ((easier said than done I can't put weight on the foot I can't walk without frame and that is hopping any suggestions please exrays are fine scar is fine when I had cast on I could balance on the heal I'm getting depressed big time. Maybe someone can give me any info

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello. I hope you get better soon It s a long journal, after having ankle surgery.

You should get a knee scooter.

It better then crunches. You paddle with your good leg and put your knee up on the seat the ankle you had surgery on.

You can buy it online, its easy to put together. Also your doctor can write you a RX for one and if you have insurance that covers the cost of it. I hope this information is helpful to you. Thank you and hang in there!!

• Edited

I had my ankle break repaired with plates and screws and pins about 9 years ago. I have had ongoing issues with daily swelling and now discoloration due to circulation issues. I'm seeing my Dr today as I am having major abdonimal surgery next month and I want to ensure that this circulation issues will not result in blood clots after surgery. I'll keep you all posted. I'm glad the repaired my ankle........ but i hate the side effects...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.