Pinworms help

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been reading people on this saying that ovex has never gotten rid of pinworms and im getting really scared and worked up, will i ever get rid of pinworms like ive been getting them off and on for around 10 years and i havent get managed to get rid of them for more than a year

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yes i live in scotland

• Posted

is your mum against conventional meds? I think finding a worm recently is proof. you say you have had it on and off for years have you always seen woems or just had an itch (sorry for all questions) has you mum been aware everytime? you said you have used ovex before and not worked how do you know it didnt work for example did you find worms within a month or so or have you had longer periods between. as it could just be you are being reinfected. has yourself and mum read the facts on thread worm its good to have understanding of the cycle. i hope i dont sound patronising, Im just trying to help as I know it can cause terrible anxiety!

• Posted

maybe you could go to the doctors together or to boots etc and speak to a pharmacist they may be able to give professional advice. there are also certain foods that help fight worms such as pinapple, pumkin seeds, coconut, and garlic my daughter has pinapple juice everyday and i eat pumkin seeds.

• Posted

excuse my bad typing πŸ™ˆ pineapple and pumpkin seeds!

• Posted

my mum is a nurse and believes in medicine and i dont really remember as i was so young when i got them, last time i took 2 doses they came back

• Posted

I I hope i didnt come across rude I just know some people dont like to take meds willy nilly including myself. thats great your mum is a nurse maybe if you have a good talk to her and let her know how much it is upsetting you she can probably help reassure you a little. if it was when you was little and only a couple of bouts in teens that is reassurring that you have got rid in the past just a bit unlucky to have caught it again but remember it is very common and you are certainly not aloan people just dont talk about it I discovered lots of friends of mine have in the past and only addmitted it when i said i had caught itπŸ™ˆ

• Posted

i have struggled getting rid of them as a kid because i didnt have very good understanding of re infection and hygiene, but since the age of 12-16 ive had them a few times a year

• Posted

oh i see quite alot then I hope meds work too follow instructions for all to take even if no symptoms. good luck let me know how you get on.

• Posted

thank you for all the advice and reassurance, we are all taking the medicine tonight and i will have a good clean around the house

• Posted

i havent felt or seen any since 2 saturdays ago, took ovex on wednesday and i will take second dose next wednesday to be sure, washed all over the place and still am untill a few weeks after treatment just to be safe

• Posted

i hope the mericine works and i dont get them

• Posted

do not stress and read all these horror stories online . they're paranoia . Threadworms are completely harmless and easy to get rid off . the only stuff you must do is wash clothes and underwear etc on temperatures 60 degrees and above.

When you feel a tickling in your bum after treatment it could be from:

Pubic hair ( common reason )

Sweat

Faeces due to inproper washing or wiping

Infection

I had pinworms and read all there horrorfying experiences. I have nurse relatives and they confirmed that they only survive in intestines as thats where their food is from.

Theyre eggs are microscopic which makes reinfection easy. However thats why you take treatment weeks apart to kill the newly hatched eggs too. Do not worry .

• Posted

hi jessica, its great to hear a reassurring message from you I remember your message a long time ago when you was in the same boat, its a horrible feeling and you and I know how anxious it can make you which is why i like to reply to people who feel like i once did there are far too many scary stories and its nice to help reassure people. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.