PIP

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i recently went for my pip assessment by ATOS. After reading many horror stories i was very worried it was going to be a tragic experience. Luckily i got seen straight away by i nice lady who listened to my problems and wrote down everything i told her. I had to stop the physical part of it straight away as the pain was unbearable. I am applying for pip mostly for the daily struggles i face with arthritis in my elbows,back and legs and asthma and diabetes. Just wondering if anyone has been awarded pip for arthritis. thanks x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Molly!

I can only answer for my Mum, of whom I am a carer for but have to apply for PIP for her and been through the whole process!

My Mum has Rheumatoid Arthritis quite badly, amongst other ailments but has recently been awarded the enhanced payment for both living and mobility.

I have read and also experienced people who have had arthritis and been awarded PIP, so I have every faith that you will be awarded something at the least!

Please try not to worry - you can read horror story after horror story, but in actuality, it doesn't help. Just take every day as it comes - sooner or later you'll get the answer you need smile

Best Wishes lovely x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, feeling hopeful now that i will get some sort of award X 
  • Posted

Hi molly 

yeah Ive got widespread arthritis and I got PIP enhancehed on both I have got a couple  of other things wrong with me physically though.

my assessor was a nice lady and sympathetic so hopefully you will get the same award.

good luck

• Posted

Sorry to hear, i know how hard it is to live with. Hopefully i have the same result as you. Just a waiting game now X
  • Posted

Hi Molly welcome to the site, I have RA amongst other health issues but had a really bad accident and now cannot walk and was awarded both, I'm sure its a legitimate reason for being awarded it, not a good disease to live with so hope you get sorted.

• Posted

Good luck Deborah on your replacement - please let us know how it goes x
    • Posted

Thank you Tori I'm dreading it...mainly because I'm an orthopaedic nurse and I know what's going to happen 😏 xx

• Posted

I'm sure you will feel so much better for having it done, just a bit harder for you as you have been on the front line but at least you know what to exspect and how hard to push yourself, you will also be a better orthopedic nurse (not saying you weren't excellent before of course) when your recovered because when someone says this is what I'm feeling you will be the one to know that's a normal symptom.

That's of course if there is anything normal after HR

I bet you will feel the difference if youv had bad pain as nurses spend the majority of there working life on your feet.

What would we do without you.

• Posted

Hello Molly,

it sounds as if you were assessed by someone who realised what you face on a daily basis due to your condition.  I have Arthritis, both RA and Osteo, also spondylitis and unstable angina and was very fortunate that my assessor was a doctor who understood.  She even said that she had no idea why I had been called to a face to face as my form was very explanatory regarding how my health problems affected my everyday living.

I sent for a copy of the report about a week after the assessment and was pleased at the content.  Eventually I heard that I had been awarded enhanced care and mobility.

I hope you hear soon and that it's a good outcome x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.