Pip

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been told by my neighbour that a friend of his was stopped by someone in tesco claiming to be from the DWP and told he was going to lose his motability vehicle because he was not using his walking aid he was told they followed him because his car was picked up by their number plate reading thingy in their vehicle I can't believe what he's saying anyone else had a similar experience?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this posts original points.

Regarding feeling invisible. I had councilling some months back due to anxiety, depression, ptsd. I explained to my councillor that I felt invisible.

I then went on to describe "many" times of driving down the road and having to swerve or pull right in or stop, to avoid severe collisions from oncoming traffic. It still happens now, perhaps I am invisible. My councillor felt I had an inferiority complex, after 19 sessions things remain the same.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Chris, after 12 months off sick from work then having my contract terminated on ill health, then fighting DWP for ESA and PIP, winning at tribunals. Friends and family were Quick to say well done and pat me on the back! Now, 12 months on my friends and family are now saying I'm lazy and when I'm going back to work!

Thanks Twiglet,

• Posted

I have it the other way, 7 years off work medically retired ( consultant refused to allow me back to work after huge asthma attack, asthma is classed as industrial injury 60% disability ) I chose to go back to work, lost 3 jobs through occ health going down the fitness to work route, left each job before they could, now have 9 medical conditions, 31 drugs on my scripts, work full time, in hospital next week for a major op on shoulder which will see me off work for 2 months and a year at least to recover. My family keep telling me to give up work! Due for indefinite motability DLA to PIP review soon and I know despite the fact that without the car I can't work or go anywhere ( use nebuliser in car when out or at work when asthma kicks off) I will be judged on my 'ability' to be able to work - Saturdays/ Sundays are pyjama days recharging and recovering from the previous week, I don't sleep well at night because of the shoulder issue, asthma and using nebuliser and cramps in feet and legs so absolutely knackered most days..... but because I choose to try to work as long as I can I'll be penalised- it shouldn't be call personal INDEPENDENCE payment, if you try to be independent you don't get it.

• Posted

My award was also lower than I believe it should have been because they used the fact I work as evidence that I don't have problems with certain activities.  I'd love them to actually witness how I work.  It's part time and I have a lot of adjustments in place and still my managers think I'm too ill to work.  I expect to be dismissed at some point but still fighting on for the time being.  I also have to use the weekends just to recover.  

Do you have a good relationship with your manager?  I just wonder if a letter of support from them might help with your claim when the time comes.  I don't have a good relationship with mine so I couldn't ask them but I'm thinking of sending one of my O/H referral letters for my MR as evidence that work is affected by my disabilities just as the rest of my life is.

• Posted

I have kept copies of emails sent to colleagues in the office from head of services advising them of no perfumes, no sprays etc as I had a bad attack after someone came in reeking of aftershave, I have adjustments with my work station, special keyboard and no mouse, hands free head set for the phone and am the only one who doesn't 'hot desk' because the station is set up for me.

Every supervision with my manager since I started 18mths ago mentions my health either asthma or shoulders and recommendation from her that I work from home occasionally. I have kept copies of those.

She is very good and I do have a good relationship however aware of losing previous jobs I try to play it down and have never mentioned that my car is a motability car.

• Posted

That sounds good.  No need for a specific letter as you have so much saved.  

I know what you mean about playing it down.  I do the same.  You kind of have to.  If I told my managers how bad I feel some days they'd call an ambulance for me.  I find an empty office, lay on the floor and hope no-one comes in before I start to feel better.  Luckily so far I've not had a search party sent out for me - that happened in a previous job.  I'm scared to phone in sick because I know they're looking for a reason to dismiss me so I struggle in when I probably shouldn't and then they complain that I'm too ill to be in.

• Posted

Same here Twiglet hardly any of my so called mates bother with me now and my own brother will not speak to me but we all know what they'd do if they where in our shoes

• Posted

There's nowt so queer as folk, as the saying goes!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.