Pip

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ive applied for pip my dad he is deaf and has really bad anxiety and depresion needs care 24 7 had a letter on the 10th may saying they have all the info they need how long after do u get a desision?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The decision can take anything from 2 to 8 weeks generally. Nat.
    • Posted

No problem Nat as we are here to help as much as we can although sadly l have not been on here much lately due to a sad bereavement.
    • Posted

Also nat you have to go for a f2f interview where they access you no matter how bad your dad is.

I had to and l was nearly disabled and am waiting on my next f2f as my circumstances changed and now have arthritis in my ankles. I just have had surgery on my ankle l have had 2 hip replacements and a knee replacement and am waiting on another knee to get done and l am only 44. I have got so much worse since my last interview. I put my form and all my evidence in for my change of circumstance 7 weeks or 8 weeks ago but they have a long waiting list. There is not a time l have heard pip going through without a f2f interview ever.

Good luck though just be prepared with lots of evidence.

Lors

• Posted

We have had a face to face interview 8 weeks ago still havnt heard anything
    • Posted

If it was me i'd ring them. You said you had a letter on 10th May saying they had all the info needed. Just seems a long time to me. You know what the post is like from DWP and often goes missing...

• Posted

I had a letter to say they had received my sons papers on the 29th March heard nothing since
  • Posted

Has there been anyone who has not had to have face to faceĀ 
    • Posted

I asked this before and don't know of anyone who has not had f2f interview yet. I think your circumstances would need to be terrible and for the evidence provided with your form confirmed this. I sent loads of evidence in with my 1st one as l had to give up working and my husband became my carer and had to work home based when he could my consultant and doctor explained how my mobility was limiited and that l lived in pain this was before l developed arthritis in my ankles so bad that l needed an operation asap. I used to be able to drive and worked full time now l can't do either l am only 44. But they still insist on f2f interviews. I received the standard rate for pip and disability which does not help me get a mobility car so l have sent a change of circumstance along with letters and xrays of my ankles the doctor even explained l needed a mobility car as my arthritis was in every joint in my lower half and the pain medication l am on is some of the strongest painkillers. They received my form and evidence on 6th april and said the waiting list is about 6 weeks or over for a f2f interview. I dont see why l have to go back and prove again when my other was dec 2016. But its procedure l was told. So its been longer than 6 weeks and l missed the higher rate by 2 points weirdly they never gave me a score for concentration when it was one of my worst things as my pain levels were so high l forget lots of thing hence my husband being my carer. I have worked full time all my life and don't want to be like this or asking for help from them because l need it. It is such a stressful thing to go through.

• Posted

There are very few people who manage a paper based decision. Even those going through a review mostly get called for that dreaded assessment. BUT it's possible to have that paper based decision. Believe it or not i've even heard of someone being refused PIP when transfering from DLA and they weren't even asked to attend a face 2 face assessment.

• Posted

I Had a text on the 29th March saying they had received his form and all the information they need he has not heard nothing since does this seem a long time not to hear do you think he should ring them
    • Posted

Has a face 2 face assessment been done? Or was that a letter saying they'd recieved what you sent? The PIP2 form?

• Posted

Yes 8 week s ago got a txt 5 weeks ago saying they had all the information
    • Posted

That does seem rather a long time expecially after the text saying they had all the info they need. I would give DWP PIP a ring if i were you to see if a decision has been made. Post does sometimes get lost especially where DWP are concerned. If the decision isn't in his favour you only have 1 month from that date to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, so time isn't on your hands. Did you recieve a copy of the assessment report?

• Posted

I have no idea what that means. Advice for what? Who are they querying the report with, the assessment providers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.