Pip

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ive applied for pip my dad he is deaf and has really bad anxiety and depresion needs care 24 7 had a letter on the 10th may saying they have all the info they need how long after do u get a desision?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So we will have to wait for the pip f2f
    • Posted

Yes most people have a f2f assessment. Paper based decisions do happen but are extremely rare. Waiting time can be anything from 8 weeks to several months.
  • Posted

Hi all , im new to the site and was on looking for information regarding PIP and came across this thread.

I am transfering from DLA to PIP 

I was just really wondering about how long it takes for the decision maker to make a decision?  I rang PIP today to find out about thr progress of my claim as i hadnt gotten an appoinment for a f2f. I was then advise by the lady on the phone that i was not going to be called for a f2f. I was not called for one for the DLA either.  Just wondering if this is a good or bad thing in regards to PIP ? 

Thank you

• Posted

Hi,

It can be good or bad. believe it or not i have heard of people being refused PIP without a f2f. It's happened a few times that i know of with people transfering from DLA also, i'm not trying to scare you just being honest. On the good side people do get an award without a f2f also. It's rare both ways but it can happen. Hopefully for you it's good news and you won't have to wait much longer. There's no time scales really, it's like saying how long is a piece of string. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.