Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

How long did people wait for a decision I've waited 5 weeks and still waiting they keep saying should have a decision on a couple weeks that's every week they have been saying it 

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Nicole,

There is a large backlog with DWP involving ESA & PIP Assessments.

All DLA to PIP change overs were due to be done by April 2017, that has been changed to Autumn 2019.

I hope the wait gives you a good decision.

• Posted

Hey. I was already getting pip high rate for care and bone for mobility I have cerbal palsy and with the report she gave me one point less for any rate on care and one less point to get mobility but no decision as off yet
    • Posted

Hmm 1 point less on both. Were you getting Enhanced or Standard mobilty? I think you made a typo above because it says "bone" for mobility. If the decision maker goes with that report and mostly they do then it maybe worth asking for the Mandatory Reconsideration. Please think about that careful though because you could lose everything you've got and most MR decisions remain the same. If you go down this route then you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. A long process but 65% of those who attend their Tribunals have a decision in their favour. Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer. It's stressful i know! If you gave a mobile number they'll text you when they have all the evidence they need. Then you know a decision won't be long.

• Posted

I meant none for mobility I'm getting high for care at the moment but because I've got a lot worse I had to update them next thing I know I had to a home visit and the copy of report says total different to what I actually put and my carer was there too. It also says on report to review in 4 years time 

• Posted

Oh dear, yes reporting changes is never ever a good idea. People are better off waiting until their review date. I'm guessing because you already had Enhanced Daily living, you were reporting changes in your mobility to try and get an award for that? If so did you send in evidence to support your claim? this would have been needed, they hardly ever go by what you've written on the form. A face 2 face assessment is always highly likely whether reporting changes or a review.

• Posted

Hey yes a nhs hospital letter. A letter from physio rehab and medication am on also letter from health visitorĀ 
  • Posted

Hi,

Well how long is a piece of string? Decision times vary wildly accross the country and can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks and sometimes longer. You can ring them and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea on what the decision will be. The decision maker often goes with what's stated in that report. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

LOL... "Well how long is a piece of string?"

I can tell you the answer to that question. lol

The length of a piece of string is twice the length from the middle! biggrin

• Posted

Hi Stev,

Haha you're reply made me laugh! Thanks for that. lol

• Posted

LOL...

It is funny when someone says that saying to me... They don't expect an answer comeback!

Usually, it's shock on there faces! hehe cheesygrin

• Posted

I'm guessing you've had your face 2 face assessment?

• Posted

Yeah I had a home visit as I'm knee braces and crutches for cerbal palsy I got a copy of report and she gave me one less point to get anything on care and mobility but last pip I got I had high on care none on mobility 

• Posted

Yes but was it mobility you reported those changes for? because you couldn't get any higher award for Dailiy Living (care part) as you were already on the maximum amount. Either way there's nothing you can do until a decision's been made but they do mostly go with what's stated on the report, for points and length of award.

• Posted

I'm already on high rate for care nothing for mobility. Waiting on decision for mobility now but it's not looking good for care or Mobility 

• Posted

Yes i know but what was the reason why you reported changes. In one of your posts you said you reported changes. Nicole, i'm trying to help you but i can't help you unless you answer my questions, i'm sorry.

• Posted

Ok so waiting on decision for Mobility so i'm guessing it was your mobility the reasons why you reported those changes? Problem is when reporting changes they look at the whole award again and not just the part you're reporting changes in. For standard mobility the distance for walking is between 20-50 metres and for Enhanced it's 20 metres or less, without pain or discomfort, regularly and reliably. So if you can't walk that distance regularly and reliably then you're class as not being able to do it.

I think you should start to gether more evidence and start to write your MR letter as yes it looks like the decision isn't going to go in your favour. If you get Standard daily living instead of enhanced that's a drop in income of £27.45 per week less. Once the decision arrives if you're not happy then you only have 28 days to get that MR in.

• Posted

The changes were I've gone from just crutches to now crutches as well as medication as well as knee braces and also physio rehab 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.