Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

How long did people wait for a decision I've waited 5 weeks and still waiting they keep saying should have a decision on a couple weeks that's every week they have been saying it 

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey everyone had a call yesterday they wanted to know when I started getting worse apparently everyone gets that call at the last stage before decision letter was sent out. However they already have a letter from the hospital when it was and what happened 
    • Posted

No, not everyone has a call before a decision is made. I did last year during my review which took me totally by surprise. A decision was made the following day but had to wait all weekend for them to see that decision on the computer, it was the longest weekend ever! Hopefully you answered the question without any problems and a decision will go in your favour. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.
    • Posted

HI,

So the decision was as the assessment report stated? They've given you 1 point less so you've lost your Enhanced Daily living?

Reporting changes is never really a good idea because a lot of the time you either get the same as before or you lose what you had before frown I'm sorry to hear this.

You now have a decision to make yourself. You have 28 days to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) They will look at the whole award again and not just part of it. If you decide this is what you want to do then you'll need to put it in writing stating why you think it's wrong and where exactly you think you should have been awarded those extra points. If you have more evidence send it with the letter. Once the letter is writen, ring DWP PIP and tell them that you want the MR and then they'll give you 28 days from the date of that phone call. So in effect you'll be getting more time to send in that letter. Make sure you do send that letter in because this way they can't turn around and tell you they haven't had the request. Bear in mind also that 80% of MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. 65% of those that appear that their Tribunal have a decision in their favour. It's much less for those that ask for a paper based decision. It's a very long process i'll be honest with you. A date for the Tribunal could take as long as 11 months but you must ask for the MR first! Which means the whole process could take over 1 year it depends on where you are in the country. Your new award payments will continue until a decision's been made. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.