PIP

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I'm sure most of you know me well by now as i approach 1 year of advicing others on here. As you all know i love helping others, by sharing my advice and knowledge of the benefit system. I must admit i've made some truely wonderful friends through out the last year on here. None i've met personnally but none the less, still friends.

Well at the begining of August i decided to put my knowledge to the test and start a new PIP claim for my daughter. She has mutliple issues in life and i must admit it's been a tough 13 years trying to get medical proffessionals, and teachers to listen to me. Finally over the past 6 months they're begining to listen. The evidence has started to pour in so the time was right to apply. She's unable to speak for herself, look after her own money, make finacial decisions, leave the house alone, she can't make any decision for herself, she's in college 3 days a week and has one 2 one the whole time she's there's and can NOT be left alone at any time.

When i started her PIP claim off i asked to become her appointee at the same time. This delayed the process of recieiving those PIP2 forms because they can't send them until i became her appointee. Fast forward 6 weeks and i recieve those forms. Filled them in with some help., yes even though i know a huge amount about PIP those forms are still very complex and when filling them in about your own child, it's heart breaking writing those things about them. I thought it was best for someone else to do that form me. I sent in over 45 pages of evidence clearly pointing to all those descriptors that apply to her and not just once but multple times. They were posted on October 2nd, 10 days later i hadn't heard anything despite putting my mobile number down on the form. I decided to ring DWP to ask if they'd been recieved. They had indeed recieved them and i was told her file had now been sent to the assessment providers to determine if an assessment is needed, i suspect it will be but secretly hoping that all the evidence i sent will be enough to have a rare paper based decision.

I have no idea what a face to face assessment would do to her. She has very little understanding about everything in life and when speaking to her you have to speak in the simplest form, otherwise she has no idea what you're talking about. Being her appointee does actually mean i'll be able to speak on her behalf throughout the whole assessment if she needs one. That's one good thing.

So the wait continues, as do my nerves increase. Wish me luck as i go through this PIP claim for my daughter. I shall let you all know how the process goes. Thanks everyone for reading and listening xx

5 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ohh gd luck to I and ur daughter hope u dnt have 2 wait 2 long it give u and he worse fears waiting x
  • Posted

Good luck Denise hope it all works out well for you and your daughter
  • Posted

Good luck to you and your daughter Denise. ..I hope you get good news...I do feel for you...its terrible this waiting game ..makes me physical sick. ...god bless yous ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Posted

Praying for you and yours Denise........all blessings to you.

• Posted

Thanks everyone! Yes it's very stressful all this waiting. I've been through it all before mutliple times because i claim ESA and PIP myself, but it doesn't make it any less stressful rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Denise

I hope everything goes well with this. I know it's different for me. As i can still speak, but don't understand most things now, due to the MS effecting my brain. I was lucky my mum knew quite a lot about the process. With working many years with people with different health needs.

She did everything for me from filling out the forms, collecting evidence. Speaking on my behalf, as she was my Representative. I would not have had a clue what to do. And would never have managed without her input. Also listening to your advice,which my mum found really useful, if she'd missed anything.

So I'm Wishing with all my heart. Things go well for you. You are an Inspiration to everyone on here. ???

• Posted

Hi denise,

Just read your post. Hope everything goes well for you both- good luck. If things don't work out it will I am sure be a big blow to all of us.

Best wishes,

Mike.

• Posted

Hi good luck l went down the same road with my uncle claim 
  • Posted

My best wishes and thoughts go with you and your daughter. Xx

• Posted

Thank you all so much for all your good thoughts and wishes. Just 1 of the monay reasons i love being here so much! I'll keep you all updated on the progress. xx

• Posted

Hello Denise,  I wish you all the luck on the world.  I am sure you have done everything in your power so that this PIP claim will be a success.  It is so sad that genuine people have to go through such ordeals to claim what is rightfully due to them.  Take care and thank you for all the help & advice you have given to me & so many others on this forum.

• Posted

You are welcome.  You have worked hard to understand the system and I am sure that everyone who uses this site has benefited from your knowledge.  Thank you.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.