PIP

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I'm sure most of you know me well by now as i approach 1 year of advicing others on here. As you all know i love helping others, by sharing my advice and knowledge of the benefit system. I must admit i've made some truely wonderful friends through out the last year on here. None i've met personnally but none the less, still friends.

Well at the begining of August i decided to put my knowledge to the test and start a new PIP claim for my daughter. She has mutliple issues in life and i must admit it's been a tough 13 years trying to get medical proffessionals, and teachers to listen to me. Finally over the past 6 months they're begining to listen. The evidence has started to pour in so the time was right to apply. She's unable to speak for herself, look after her own money, make finacial decisions, leave the house alone, she can't make any decision for herself, she's in college 3 days a week and has one 2 one the whole time she's there's and can NOT be left alone at any time.

When i started her PIP claim off i asked to become her appointee at the same time. This delayed the process of recieiving those PIP2 forms because they can't send them until i became her appointee. Fast forward 6 weeks and i recieve those forms. Filled them in with some help., yes even though i know a huge amount about PIP those forms are still very complex and when filling them in about your own child, it's heart breaking writing those things about them. I thought it was best for someone else to do that form me. I sent in over 45 pages of evidence clearly pointing to all those descriptors that apply to her and not just once but multple times. They were posted on October 2nd, 10 days later i hadn't heard anything despite putting my mobile number down on the form. I decided to ring DWP to ask if they'd been recieved. They had indeed recieved them and i was told her file had now been sent to the assessment providers to determine if an assessment is needed, i suspect it will be but secretly hoping that all the evidence i sent will be enough to have a rare paper based decision.

I have no idea what a face to face assessment would do to her. She has very little understanding about everything in life and when speaking to her you have to speak in the simplest form, otherwise she has no idea what you're talking about. Being her appointee does actually mean i'll be able to speak on her behalf throughout the whole assessment if she needs one. That's one good thing.

So the wait continues, as do my nerves increase. Wish me luck as i go through this PIP claim for my daughter. I shall let you all know how the process goes. Thanks everyone for reading and listening xx

5 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You are such a lovely, helpful person Denise, you put yourself out for others, even going to the trouble of researching things for people if you are not sure of the answer to their questions. 

I wish you and your daughter all the very best with her claim.  I'ts a very stressful process and this can't be helping your condition, but being the person you are, you will battle on.  xx 

• Posted

Thanks sukes! You're one of the friends i've made here since i joined and what a wonderful person you are too! You can never have too many friends, whether it's real life or internet.

You know me sukes, i love helping others, it's just the person i am.. <3 xx

• Posted

Recieved a letter a few minutes ago from Independant assessment services (which is the new name for ATTOS) home assessment has been granted (without a letter from GP) and this is Monday 23rd October between 9-11 am. Can i do this??? yes i can!! I am going to get my girl exactly what she deserves. This assessment date is very quick and the fact she's been granted a home assessment without a letter from GP is a good sign. I'm nervous yes BUT i can do this. Bring it on!!!!!!

• Posted

Aye tell me Denise 6 times i have been for medical 7 coming up tried to send me 50miles for this 1 coming up and blew a gasket this time am recording them legal or not goodluck x
    • Posted

Please be VERY careful recording that assessment without permission. If you're caught doing this, your file will be returned to DWP and it's very likely you'll be refused that benefit. I would never advice anyone to record it without that permission. Please rethink about this! It's not worth it in the end. Good luck!

• Posted

I think the Independent Assessment Services may have realised you are a lady who will not take any prisoners and not a walkover.  You can do this and get your girl exactly what she deserves.  It is all looking good.  Good luck, we are all behind you.  smile
    • Posted

Thanks Lilmen, i think you could be right. The evidence i sent was fantastic, so it doesn't surprise me. Hopefully it'll be an honest assessment report, i would hold my hopes out too much.

• Posted

Good luck Dee you deserve it so much and l hope your daughter is ok at her f2f. I don't think there is anyone that does not know you. You have helped so many people including me. All the luck in the world honey

Laura xx

• Posted

Thank you so much lors! Lots going on right now so super stressed. I'll get there! xx

• Posted

Good luck with that Denise.  I will be thinking of you both.  Bev xx

• Posted

Hi Denise I am new here and this is my first post. Just wondering how your f2f went. I am waiting to hear back from my daughter's application. Sent in 2 weeks ago with lots of back up letters. She sounds similar to your daughters issues. I am worried about how she will manage at a f2f. I am her appointee, can I respond for her if she finds it too tricky?

• Posted

Hi,

As you're her appointee you'll be be able to answer all questions on her behalf. It may look like the questions are being directed at your daughter, just ignore that and answer them for her. Although, if she's able to answer some then this is what she should do.

At the end she'll most likely be asked some memory questions, or some questions related to money. These will have to be answered by your daughter and not you.

Expect an assessment as most people do have one. I sent in a huge amount of evidence but my daughter still needed an assessment. I'm still waiting for a decision. Up until middle of last week the report hadn't been returned to DWP, it's 5 weeks today since her home assessment. I was told last week that 2 people from the list of contacts that i put down have been contacted. This is extremely rare as mostly they don't contact anyone.

Good luck the with application and hopefully you're not waiting too long.

• Posted

Thank you Denise, it is reassuring that I can help her. I hope all goes well for you and am so glad I found this forum as the stories already have been very helpful.
    • Posted

You're welcome. I've been told her report has finally been recieved by the DWP and a copy of it is on it's way to me. After hearing what was said by the people they contacted i'm hoping for a good outcome. I must admit i was shocked when i heard they'd been contacted.

Good luck and please come back and let us know the outcome. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.