PIP

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been awarded my PIP . My question is should i still request a copy of my assessors report .  I am happy with the result obviously , i mean just request a copy of my assessors report for my records . Any advice on this would be appreciated

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Greats news! Yes indeed, request it be sent to you. It can come in useful even for future reference.

• Posted

Thank you Denise i was thinking that myself ( for future reference ) ,  however  , i was afraid they would think i was being too fussy . But now i have some impute on it i will request one . Again , thank you  
    • Posted

No problem. No, they won't think that. You're well within your rights to ask for a copy.

• Posted

I requested mine after I had received my confirmation letter, I can refer back to it at my review in September when hopefully everything will be straight forward smile I hope.

Congratulations for your correct assessment and results

• Posted

Hi an well done on your pip xx could just please ask how long you waited for a decision from your assessment to your confirmation letter thank youxx

• Posted

HI Emma,

Decision times vary wildly across the country and totally depend on backlog in your area. It can be anything from 2-8 weeks. Once a decision is made the letter is sent out the same day and can take anything up to 10 days for you to receive it but mostly it's received within 7 days.

• Posted

Emma , i believe it was four weeks although i was originally told it could take up to eight weeks 
    • Posted

Thank you denise much appreciated as when I rang thwm up last week 5 weeks from them reciving assessment thay told me it was still not with a DM so was wondering why thay sent me a letter on the 5th saying thay have everything thay need to make a decision do you know how lomg the DM takes to decide if the claiment is accepted or not when thay eventually give the DM the claim to look at. am sorry to ask all this but this is my first ever claim and am so anxious thank you my love xxxx
    • Posted

No problem.

There's really no time scales Emma. Do you know for certain if your assessment report has been returned to DWP form the assessment providers? The decision maker/case manager will not look at a report until both reports are returned back. That's the paper and digital copy.

You can ring the assessment providers that did the assessment and ask if your report has been returned, they'll tell you either way.

When my daughter claimed PIP last year her assessment report took 5 weeks to be returned. Once it was returned the decision was made very quickly, but that may not be the case for everyone. I already had a copy of her assessment report so knew pretty much what the decision was going to be, even before i was told. Like i said they rarely go against that report.

It all relies on the assessment report at this stage. Have you got a copy of yours?

• Posted

Hi yes got mine10 days after my request for it had my assessment on the 18th of May and both reports were received by the DWP on the 23rd I was given good points but the lady at the end of assessment told me she was not going to do the physical test as she could see I was in too much pain and the assessment was very stressful but when I received the report back she had put that I had declined the physical test which I did not so I'm worried that will lose me pointsxx

• Posted

Hi denise I scored 20 points for daily living and 16 for mobilityxx
    • Posted

You should try to relax because as i keep saying they rarely go against the report. Having scored that high it's very very unlikely you would lose all those points once a decision is made. Infact you would have to lose 9 points on daily living and 5 points on mobility to lose just the enhanced for both. Extremely unlikely.

The physical exam that you didn't do wouldn't make any difference. If that was all the lies that were told in your report, you're very lucky.

I know the wait is stressful, been there and done that. There's nothing you can do until a decision is made. It will be fine. Hopefully not too long now.

• Posted

Thank you so much denise a I am a wreak at moment with all the things I have heard and so needin help I hope your daughter got a good award and is keeping well thank you very much again my love as you have made me feel a bit more at ease will keep you posted take care xxx
    • Posted

You're very welcome Emma! My daughter was awarded Enhanced for both, exactly what the assessment report said. She scored 16 for daily living and 12 for mobility, she is fine thanks for asking!

Reading the bad stories on the internet isn't always a good thing. The good stories are out there. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.