Pip advise

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all I was on DLA middle rate care and high mobility I have recently had to apply for pip and had a f2f with atos and lost everything my conditions are angina,coronary heart disease, which resulted in me having open heart surgery in September 13,asthma,syncope,and recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia in September 2016 and and subacute containious lupus this month I am on different medications which include 12 painkillers a day medication to slow my heart rate down and blood thinner clopidagrel etc.I have written and asked for a mandatory reconsideration but I have lost all trust and don't hold out much hope has anyone got any advise as I'm totality in the dark...thanks in advance

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

First thing is to get a copy of the assessment report. I was also refused by Esa and Pips due to a succession of unbelievable clerical errors etc. I was reinstated after weeks of becoming a lawyer overnight. Best of luck. I actually got an apology from the DWP. You can also take this to Tribunal which is what did with my PIPS award.
  • Posted

Hello Irene, I'm sorry to hear this. There's so many people recently with stories that they've lost everything and came out with 0 points from PIP. There's really isn't much to tell you now. You've asked for the MR which can take 8 weeks or more. Most MR decisions stay the same i'm afraid to say, although i did read a story last week where someone's decision changed for the better at MR stage. Be prepared to take it to Tribunal Appeal. I've heard CAB are very good at helping with this. I've not got any experience with any of it as both my PIP assessment were in my favour. Hopefully you sent more evidence with the MR? Good luck and i hope you get the decision you want.

• Posted

Hi Denise I have sent more letter from consultants and appointments for OT and rheumatologist next week other than that it's only my word they have fingers crossed don't hold out much hope tbh reading on here looks like most MR stay the same...don't think I have the heart or energy to appeal thanks for your kind words x

• Posted

Letters about furture appointments are really of much use. Please don't give up because that's exactly what they want people to do. This is why most MR decisions don't change. Get CAB to help you through the appeal if you get to that stage. I've heard they're really good. If you give up you'll be letting them win. Keep fighting for what you deserve. That's the only answer. xx

• Posted

Hi Irene, you have done the right thing by asking for MR, and be prepared to get the right help to go for  a tribunal, this is happening to so many people, being refused and getting inaccurate reports, keep going, and try not to let it defeat you
  • Posted

It's so easy to lose hope Irene, but that's probably what they want - people to give up and not bother with it. I've been kicked off as well, according to them I only got 2 points (care). I've sent for the assessment report and I spoke to my consultant yesterday, he's quite happy to fill a form in if they send him one. My doctor is happy to do this to. So I'll make sure to put in writing that they are waiting for a form to fill in.

As Denise said, there's every possibility it will go to appeal, so be it. Let's fight the good fight.

Personally, I'm furious they chose to downgrade my problems and basically make me out to be a liar. All they've done is make me mad enough to keep fighting it!

Good luck, I hope you get what you obviously should be getting. x

• Posted

Hi Patrica, just wanted to advice you about them contacting your GP or consultant. They almost never do this. Even if they say on the forms or ask you for names they almost never contact anyone. Please don't rely on them doing this, even for filling forms in, anything. You're much better of getting the evidence yourself. Good luck and i hope the decision goes in your favour.

• Posted

Thanks for that Denise, I thought I had read that somewhere before! I'll try and get the evidence myself although my consultant and GP both said they would need a form to fill in. I'll have a word with my GP when I see him again next week.

Cheers.

• Posted

Well I think this is totally appalling for what they done it's such a upheaval for any person to go through them all medications then the affects of that and are still supposed to find energy to sit and fill in bloody firms for this nobody wants to be disabled children. Put in appeal

• Posted

I have been on DLA high rate and low rate mobility for 4 years. I was diagnosed with white spots on the brain in January 2016 the multiple Sclerosis in November 2016. I've been reading assessed and have gone on to low rate DLA and list the mobility component. I am confused most of the time have absent seizures and vision problems. I walk to the left and am tired all the time. I have the shakes and dizzy spells. I only have use if one arm after an accident 5 years ago. I suffervwith depression and am on anti depresants.This is really a joke. And I've filled out a mandatory for form with help to send to DWP. IRENE you can download lloyds the form fill it in a d print it out. My mum helped me with this. So sending everything today. Any advice welcome. Good luck Irene. Hope everything goes well for you. Mark.

• Posted

Hi bobby thanks for your reply,I think half the problem is my usual GP has left and we have not got a full time doctor and I see a different one each time I asked for a supporting letter and because I've only seen them once the said they can't give me one as they don't know me but agree I'm not fit for work and by my medication and conditions the dwp should know this so I had to send in my MR without a supporting gp letter I'm at the end of my tether,I'm worried now that they haven't responed to MR I sent over a week ago although I did send it over a week ago...I'm sorry for going on I live alone and don't want to burden my girls they help me so much already thanks for listening

• Posted

HI Irene, PIP isn't about being fit for work. People claim PIP and work. ESA is about being unable to work. Evidence doesn't have to be from your GP. It can be anything from a letter from someone who knows you well to a diary written by yourself. With PIP you need to prove you struggle in daily life not that you're not fit enough to work. Hope you're not waiting too long for the decision on the MR but it can take up to 8 weeks. Good luck.

• Posted

Sorry mark just re-read your reply..I would try and get a supporting letter and send you MR recorded delivery...didn't know there was a for you could fill in I just wrote a letter asking for a MR because I didn't agree what the HC put in my report and untruths and said the pins and needles and numbness in my hands are not that bad because I signed my signature without a problem...hope your MR comes back in your favour Irene

• Posted

Thanks Denise sorry didn't mean to be ignorant I am new to all this I understand people can work and get pip,I have done all the above but it seems the health care professional who was a physiotherapist has said I can do things I said I can't even though she has only ever seen me for 1 hour seems to know how my daily day to day affect my life Irene

• Posted

No worries Irene. You just have to becareful sometimes how you word things with DWP. Yes a lot of people have had their assessments are say so many lies have been told. All we can do is fight that decision. Be prepared for the Appeal tribunal though as most MR's the decision remains the same. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Irene. My mum sent it recorded delivery to be signed for and she can track it. So hope it's all ok. I have my assessment for ESA this Wednesday and am more prepared for that. Got my hospital appointments and diagnosis letter from neurologist with me. So fingers crossed. XX

• Posted

Hi Bobby, Hospital appointment letters aren't the greatest form of evidence. I know you said you have your diagnosis letter. Do you have any other evidence at all that you can take with you? Just trying to help you get the right decision. Nothing worse than being found fit for work.

• Posted

Hi Denise. I have discharge letter which states I have been diagnosed with MS. As this is the only new diagnosis they already have evidence of the other conditions I am already in receipt of getting benefit for.
    • Posted

Hi Bobby, that's good. Is the other evidence what you sent in when you claimed the other benefit? I'm guessing the other benefit is PIP? If you sent thaty evidence when you applied for PIP please take that with you when attending the assessment for ESA. The reason being is that PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits with completely different criteria. They don't look at evidence recieved from one to the other. People claim PIP and work where ESA is for those unable to work. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you. I know you can still work and receive PIP. But I'll never be able to return to work. That's the reason I was in receipt of both benefits. Until late the assessor lied when filling in the assessment form for PIP after my new diagnosis. But my mum and partner are attending with me. And mum said she'll ask for assessment to be recorded if possible. So we'll see how things go. Hopefully it will be fine. Thank you anyway.

• Posted

You won't be able to ask on the day for the assessment to be recorded. You need to ask in advance.

• Posted

Thats interesting you say that. As thats how the goverment have stated it. But ive yet to meet 1 person or read about 1 whoms fit for work. And are eligable to pip. They have lost. As you aswell as myself have had the degrading 3rd degree. You are eligable via points. I get people can work from home. But Pip and esa have very much the same rules. Its those they believe that can work will illness,s that will loose all. Or be on low end of scale. What should happen and what has happened have been 2 diffrent things. I too was successful. But Am asking for consideration regarding to answers. Which im confident about thanks to her own report. Alot of information in black& white is misleading.

• Posted

Hi bobby. The evidence youve used sounds perfectly exceptable. It was for me. Many of my information was old& new appointments. You also have a choice you can ask permission to be recorded. However you can go ahead. Without permission. And state you were using this for your on use. Yes if it gets to tribunal stage only. They have a choice toveither except the recording or not. Its not against no laws. The ones that can prove theyre unable to work. Are the most successful. This is how the goverment have cut hugh numbers. All experiences are diffrent and so is advice. Ive done alot of homework. Checked with Cab and the disability help line on the web which gives success rate over 50% for rather then against goodluck. And try not worry. Its always good to have a witness at all times. As they then can be called were the assesor has given wrong or false information.

• Posted

If someone was to record their assessment without them knowing and they caught you during the assessment doing this then they'll imediately end the assessment. They do indeed have very much the same rules except ESA is for those unable to work and PIP is for those with difficulties in daily life. Which makes then 2 different benefits. I've read many many stories where people claim PIP and work. I know someone infact who does exactly that.

Evidence needs to be less than 2 years old because what would be the point in using something older than that. I read a story yesterday where someone went for their assessment, took evidence with them (for PIP) and because their evidence was over 2 years old they wouldn't accept it. I've done my research too but yes everyone's different...

• Posted

I know what your saying. But weve obviously had friends with both very diffrent experiences Denise. Evidence ANY is good. My neice had none. And had enhanced on both. Yes got refused esa. Webt for her tribunal and won. My mum is elderly. Didnt have a clue. However her appeal was a few years ago. Only evidence she had was old. As ANY degerative case doesnt get better. They medicate theyres only so much treatment they can give. Then it stops. I too can assure you theirs many groups like these. Theirs also a officially run group by the goverment Which gives you statitics. Also goes through the law with you. As its them that answer not people with a view orvexperience like ourselves. They state alot diffrent. I think its easy to advise on our experiences. But it also seems very diffrent all over the country. Im in devon. I just dont want others to here negative. As were not proffessionals. I strongly advise any evidence is better then none. And The mandatory first stage definately does not mostly stay the same.. and those successful whom what certain parts looked at. Are at no risk. I was successful in both. But was petrified. This group I found after my experience. So decided to join as the others seemed more popular. To give others positive advice. You advised me Denise that if I filed for a reconsideration. They could infact withdraw my successful application. Ive been here before in 2014 when it was Dla. I was given high mobility again. Low care. My letter nomore evidence as I sent in what I had. Managed to turn entire decision over. Ive friends many that have had the same. Pip are being watched closely. People do have higher chances for success. Any advice given as because ive either been their& done it. Or others have. The disability help site states facts. ie I got the rules about recording off their.

• Posted

Hiya sorry to bother you, but you seem to no a lot about p.i.p, would you mind looking for my post and giving a little advice if possible as to what you would do, thankyou lou
    • Posted

We do all have our oppinions and i'm not going to start an argument with you. I have been through ESA and PIP myself so also have experience. Like i said you have your oppinion and i have mine. I think we should just leave it at that.

• Posted

Sorry if youve taken any offence. None meant. Its really to do with our own experiences. And mine close friends and family. And just reading up loads on forums. And were its utterly shambolic the entire pip and esa process. I only joined to help people. As advice is good.
    • Posted

Hi lou! Im literally days old on here. How can I find your discussion. Ive pressed on your name but it hasnt shown me your post. I dont know a hugh lot about how they reach theyre decisions. But have watched how people I personally know. Have dealt with their claims first hand. Including myself over the years. Any questions feel free to ask. If I can help in anyway i,ll try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.