Pip advise

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all I was on DLA middle rate care and high mobility I have recently had to apply for pip and had a f2f with atos and lost everything my conditions are angina,coronary heart disease, which resulted in me having open heart surgery in September 13,asthma,syncope,and recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia in September 2016 and and subacute containious lupus this month I am on different medications which include 12 painkillers a day medication to slow my heart rate down and blood thinner clopidagrel etc.I have written and asked for a mandatory reconsideration but I have lost all trust and don't hold out much hope has anyone got any advise as I'm totality in the dark...thanks in advance

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Irene sorry to hear this. Ive read beforehand some of the comments. You actually do get as youll know the scoring copys with decisions. Ive joined in a few days 4 groups after reading alot of advice rather then joining in. Also theirs a national line on here with statistics. Rather then others experiences. I read 66% of those that applied for a mandatory reconsideration. That though were already on DLA. Succeed. As theirs a ongoing crackdown.Due to terrible f2f consultations. I was advised the otherday. If I was to ask for a consideration I could loose what Ive already been given. Thats not true. As it was 2 questions Id asked them to reconsider not anything else. Hopefully youve hard evidence. Again reading the success storys. Once youve that. Its hard for them to argue. Dont give up!! And you can even ask for now your entire medical record although their is a cost. Its so stressful I trully feel for you. Goodluck hun!! Remember alot of people dont want to carry on. And infact dont even ask for a reconsideration. I think thats what these cowboy assessors want.
    • Posted

Well said my view of atos " money grubbing scum" could u do that job anyone who could are in my eyes prostituting themselves

rock n roll Jimbo

• Posted

I could never do such a job. Knowing their paid a bonus of 80 for anyone they see fit for work. I couldnt help myself when a well dressed but casual young lady turnt up at my house. She seemed overly nice. To me a warning sign. Knowing what Id researched. I stressed how netvous I was and why. Her reply was Im in this job because I too agree alot have been done incorrectly she nearly convinced me. Until I had the report. Yes I did get pip. But by 1 mark on daily living went from high to standard after however reading the report carefully. Realised she,d totally contridicted herself. Stating this certain issue. Was a problem. Yet the scoreing of 0 cost me the 1 point. Theyre were many mistakes. But I was lucky. And none of us should feel that way. We cant help being ill. Yet They make it seem like were lying thats how I onastly felt. I also caught her out. In she asked me a question but answered it for me. I stopped and asked how do you know that. Her reply was I can see here in oneve the reports. She had my answers from my claim to pip. She was trying to catch me out. Its terrible. And I do count myself lucky reading what I have. Goodluck jim youve the right attitude. Why should anyone Stop because they make us feel so bad.
  • Posted

Ive just joined you , i had the same mobility and care ,f2f with atos , look at desision it reads like i can run a marathon .

I have a bleeding stomach due to meds , arthritus in neck , spine , chest hip

and foot

I will fight this all the way, first they  have to look at the desision again and then u can appeal . Go to your local CAB and get an advocate , dont try to do it yourslf ,

ive had this before 10 years ago its painless , look at it as a day out

all the best Jimbo 

• Posted

Hi Irene

​DLA is totally different to PIP in criteria for receivig the benefit. It doesnt matter how many meds you take or what you have diagnosed...it is HOW it affects you on a day to day basis.

​Ask for a copy of your report ASAP. you will probably find like the majority of people are finding that is it full of lies and the asssessors own opinions which is often a load of rubbish!!! good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.