PIP ASSESSMENT

Posted , 7 users are following.

So the dreaded letter has arrived !!! My home visit is on the 22nd March between 9 - 11. I am dreading it ! Anyone else had a recent visit ? How did i go ? Also i have no one to sit with me on that particular day as my carer is away. I know i can postpone it but to be honest i just want it over and done with ! Any advice would be gratefully received wink

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ring them up and tell them to rearrange when your carer will be there to help explain your situation. Please don't do it on your own, very dangerous, they might just steamroller you, take back up plus all paperwork that they ask for in the letter and have a discussion with your carer about the help that you need on a daily basis get it straight don't get flustered. Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi Zorro im cool on my own. Im not easily steamrolled lol. I will be requesting a copy of the report and if they have lied i will be taking it further
    • Posted

Good for you Michelle. It is nice to hear the news when someone is prepared to make a stance.
  • Posted

So guys here is a copy of my ESA medical i had done 3 years ago going to give the assessor a copy tomorrow. ignore origianal date of the 22nd they rearranged it to tommorrow. I know that PIP and ESA are different benefits but im sure that this evidence backs up what i have said in my PIP form. Can't do any harm showing it. So here is the report

Hi guys so as you already know i have my PIP Assessment at home home on Friday. So my carer thought it would be good to have all paperwork to hand. So they suggested that i should request a copy of my ESA Medical report it arrived this morning.

This is what it said.

ADVICE  My opinion is as follows

I advise that the client meets support group as they have severe Functional Disabilty.

PROGNOSIS  I advise that work is unlikely in the longer term.

JUSTIFICATION OF ADVICE

Miss Smith reprts long standing back pain. Multiple medications and treatment modalities have failed to improve her situation.

Function is clearly significantly limited by pain and fatigue and miss smith rarely leaves her home. She is supported in activities of daily living by friends. She has had to move home due to no longer being able to manage the stairs.

Observed behaviouur today was in keeping with this history.

The evidence supports a severe limitation in her ability to reliably and repeatedly mobilise any distance. The use of a manual wheelchair is precuded both by her very limited and referred upper limb pain.

Given the longevity of this situation and the lack of response to tratment future improvement seems improbable. This available evidence suggests improvemnt is unlikely in the longer term.

. I wonder if they are willing to call one of their own a liar and dismiss what she has written !

So we shall see !!!

• Posted

So rang Atos today and they said my report was sent to the DWP on Friday the same day as my ASSESMENT ! Not sure if thats good or bad lol
    • Posted

That is very quick IMO and its hard to read what the conclusion will be Michelle.
    • Posted

I know Belgavia it is very quick ! Well i will know soon enough fingers crossed just hope it is a good sign neutral
    • Posted

l will be saying my prayers for you Michelle like most of the others on here.
    • Posted

In my opinion it doesn't mean anything, it just means they sent it accross quickly. Both my reports were sent quickly. All they have to do is press a button. Infact after my 2nd assessment for my review i had the decision after just 4 days. I forgot to give a copy of 1 of the evidence that i took so sent it after my assessment, they obviously didn't recieve that before the decision was made.

• Posted

My next door neighbour had his decision letter 13 days after his assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.