Pip assessment

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I am new to this site so a little nervous.

I had my pip assessment at home as I have some difficulty getting around both inside and outside

The health professional who did the assessment was really nice and polite and listened to what I said

Due to reading on this site and others I decided to ask DWP for a copy of my assessment report the day after the assessment and received this on the 9th Feb.

The report in the main was good I think and upon using the self pip test and using the discriptors the hp ticked I have scored 12 points both for care and mobility sections but am not to sure what this all means I am just hoping that I get a favourable decision from the decision maker to be honest

I had my f2f in January and still waiting decision

Mike

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mick. Thought I had already sent you this I to was like yourself reassessed then waiting. then letter to say they now had all information. what waste of time this letter is,Same Amount of time as you as I was watching your text with intent then got my letter to say that I was awarded it again till july2020 reassessed in July what a waste of time but grateful for small mercies. What a relief.
    • Posted

Hi Thomas

Am so pleased that it all worked out for you, I am still waiting for the letter to confirm what he has told me on the phone,  people don’t know unless they have been through it just how stressful it is

• Posted

Hi Mick. Well hope it wont be to long for you and you right. Extra stress that we don't need .

• Posted

Hi Mick, That great news the more that win the merrier
    • Posted

Hi Thomas

Just thought I would let you know and yes you are right in what you say because it is so stressful it is nice when you can get a favourable outcome

Mike

• Posted

Hi Mick I scored the same and it meant I got the highest rate for both plus I get esa. It took me about five months to get paid but you get it all back dated bud. I also got a brand new ford echo sport SUV with the sports package and I got the blue badge for disability parking with a disabled bay painted on the road at my gate with a big metal disabled parking sign oh and I got a bus pass that allows me to take a companion on as well mate. Instead of them coming to my house once a year for my claim the upped it to every five years. That's all I can mind the now hope it helps just hanging in there bro ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.