PIP assessment lies

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi 

I have a spinal cord injury and was indefinite DLA in 2010.

I was told just after Christmas I need to make a claim for PIP as DLA aid ending. I have done all this and had a F2F. I’ve not had a decision yet but have requested the assessors report which I received yesterday.

The report is completely wrong and basically lies about virtually everything.

According to the assessor she awarded me 6 point so daily living and 6 points on mobility. I provided 7 letters form my various health professionals which support my disability and I have a disability for life and will get worse as I get older. 

If the decision maker goes by the assessor I will lose my PIP altogether. I’m trying to find out if the assessors decision will be based on the report or will he/she take into account the medical letters?

I also suffer from mental health issues and this is just another thing on top of everything else going on at the moment. 

Any advice would be great.

Many thanks 

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi again 

Another update

After Imthe MR I asked for an appeal for the length of the award. Had alettee from the courts last week that they’ve received all the paperwork and what to expect. Received a letter from DWP today and the awards has been increased to 10 years. I am so happy and I can honestly say without your advice and support I would’ve struggled. Your advice was fantastic and I hope my situation inspires people to fight back too. 

• Posted

Fantastic news Ash, well done! Always great to hear good news! Relax now and thanks for returning to let me know. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.