Pip assessment report

Posted , 8 users are following.

I got the report from the health professional after I had my assessment for pip and she has ticked all the boxes on the descriptors that I thought I should get and it looks like I have 14 points for care and 12 for mobility.  Does this mean I will be awarded pip or can the descion maker go against this and not award anything , if anybody knows can they please tell me as it is taking ages for the dwp to make a decision 

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi nicolette, I may not be the best person to answer your question, as my assessment is being held next week.  Did you ask for a copy of the assessment, only I'm interested to hear how you know which boxes she ticked.  Before I comment further would you please be able to  say if you have been given the award yet. 

• Posted

Hiya 

yeah I rang the dwp and asked for a copy as I thought it would give me some idea of the decision outcome I hoped it would anyway, then started to worry that it would be ignored by the dm

• Posted

No I haven't got the award just the assessment report from the health proffessional when I had my assessment , it's a form they fill in which has the descriptors on it and they tick which box they think applies to you.

Example. can stand and walk more than 1 metre but no more than 20

• Posted

Hopefully the DWP will go with the assessor and award you the appropriate award - good luck!  You have more guts than me - I had a f2f assessment with atos on 23rd June and I am awaiting my result.  I dare not ask to see my atos assessment report incase I am disappointed! I hate the waiting game and hope it doesn't last long!

• Posted

I'm hoping they go with what the hp said I'm also hoping that nobody has had a good report with all the right descriptor boxes ticked and not got the award.

I just wanted to know what she had said about me because I have heard people say they lie on the report but it was a good report for me as long as the decision maker doesn't ignore it.

• Posted

To be honest, I had no idea that you could actually ask for a copy of the assessment report before a decision had been made, I thought that happened if you didn't agree with what was awarded and wanted to ask for a reconsideration or whatever it's called.  

I really hope you get a positive outcome and will look forward to hearing you cheer loudly. x

• Posted

me too - I always thought you could only ask for a copy once a decision had been made?  I don't know whether to call to ask for a copy of my assessment or not?

• Posted

Hiya

yeah if you still got your appointment letter it says on the bottom of a page 

that you can request it and gives the number if not just ring the pip helpline.

it takes just over 2 weeks to get it , like I say the HP gave me a good report and confirmed  more or less what I'd put in my form about my difficulties, but I'm worried the DM will go against it.

good luck 

• Posted

Thanks for the info and I have my fingers crossed for you that the DWP go by your assessment report - keep us updated!
    • Posted

Just called the number and requested my medical assessment report.  They said it should be with me wihin 10 days.  I think it is a good idea to have a copy especially if you are not happy with your award.  Thank you again for the info.  I wouldn't have called if I hadn't read your post.

• Posted

Yeah at least you would know they hadn't lied and if it was wrong it would help you prepare for appeal If the worst happened.   that was my reasoning anyway.

• Posted

when did you have your assessment/medical?  I had mine on 23rd June and received a letter yesterday from the dwp saying they had all the info they need to make a decision and will be in touch soon.  So I had my assessment 3 weeks ago today.  The nurse who assessed me said it would take aprox 6 weeks until I hear.  Hope it is sooner though!
    • Posted

Hi nicolette,  can I ask how long after the assessment did you wait before requesting the report?  

My appointment isn't until Tuesday, so I'm not there yet, but just wondered.  

• Posted

They texted me about a week after the assessment to say they had now all the information they needed so I rang straight away.
    • Posted

Mine was on 14 th June so a month but seems longer, I rang them Monday to ask if anything's happened with it , but they haven't reached a decision yet it's the waiting that's getting me down it's awful as you know yourself I'm sure .

• Posted

how longa take  decision letter came ?after you received a letter from dwp said we have all info we need to make a decision,  
    • Posted

Hi Alan, I rang them a few days after receiving the letter and they were able to give me the decision over the phone. 
    • Posted

i called them say wait for decision . come by post
    • Posted

I had my pip face 2 face assessment with ATOS on 20th september,and at the end the assessor told me that he is going to recommend higher rates for me. And I got a text from dwp 21st to say they had all the info to make a decision. On 8th october I received a letter from dwp say they had all the info to make a decision.  
    • Posted

The assessor can recommend what they like, it's down to the DWP decision maker to make the final decision.

I had a lady doctor that carried out an assessment for IIDB. She told me that she would recommend a 5 year award - the DWP awarded it for life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.