PIP award

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all 

just to tell you that after 8 weeks of waiting and a good report from the assessor.   I just rang the DWP and I have been awarded enhanced on both mobility and daily living for 4 years.  

I hope that that you all get the same result.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Fantastic news well done!
    • Posted

You should call the ESA re your result!
    • Posted

Hi TCake

Have you heard anything else about your report yet ?  

because somebody else asked for theirs a few weeks ago and it hasn't been posted yet.

Do you think they are not sending them out anymore then?

• Posted

Still no report and no award given yet!  Just having to wait - dont know whether dwp are just fobbing me off because they aren't sending out copies of med reports anymore or they are understaffed?  Who knows.....

• Posted

Well someone else just found out their award at the same time as me and they were waiting nearly 8 weeks too , so I don't think you should have to wait too much longer hopefully.

• Posted

Yeah!  Just rang and I have been awarded anhanced rate for both care and mobility!  So happy!  All these weeks of worry and it is finally over!  Not sure how long for as the letter was sent off yesterday plus I was told a copy of my report has been posted too!  
    • Posted

Brilliant news TCake, I am really pleased for you.  I bet the stress levels drop a bit now. x
    • Posted

Oh yes!  I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!  When the man from the dwp told me my award I had to try and not sound too excited or pleased in case he made a comment on my notes to say that i didn't sound too depressed when that is one of my conditions!  It is just good knowing that my finances will be ok as I had started to think about how I would manage financially if my income was reduced.  It is also great knowing that I don't have to go through any appeals or tribunals.....ahhhhh I think I am make myself a cuppa and just chill! 

• Posted

A cubiggrinppa sounds a lovely idea, I think I'll join you - cheers 

• Posted

Awww Thank you too for all your kind and supportive comments.  I am going to stay subscribed to this forum as I am happy to give advice and support to others who are going through the pip/esa process.  There are some lovely people on here, including you, who have kind of become my online friends x
    • Posted

What a lovely thing to say and like you, whatever my outcome is, I too will stay subscribed to this forum and help to support others.

I also know what you mean about online friends. x

• Posted

Hi Tcake

thats terrific news I'm really pleased for you and I know how you feel  it's like a great weight has been lifted.

The woman that told me said to go and enjoy myself she seemed pleased too.

yeah I'll still keep an eye on here it would be nice to think I might be able to help x

• Posted

Thank you - yes, the bloke I spoke to seemed quite pleased to be giving me some good news.  I bet they get used to giving people depressing news and hearing them complain or get upset on the phone.  At least when they can tell someone they have been awarded PIP they know the person will be overjoyed!
    • Posted

Yeah I thought that but I was that shocked they had told me I couldn't speak I just mumbled thanks and put the phone down. 

Then I thought I should have asked how many points I had because it takes them ages to send letters out.

• Posted

Yeah that's what I thought 

but when she told me I couldn't speak I just mumbled thanks and then wished I'd have asked how many points because they take forever to send out letters and I'm curious to see if it's the same as the assessor recommended. 

• Posted

Oh I didn't ask that either!  At least my report is in the post too.  I also wished I had asked how long my award was for but like you - I was a little speechless!  I had originally rang up today to chase up my report but on the off chance I just asked 'I don't suppose a decision has been made on my award yet?'  and he replied, 'Yes, it was made yesterday...' eek

• Posted

Then you just hear enhanced and enhanced and anything else doesn't matter really.  biggrin

• Posted

so true! lol When I put the phone down I squealed YIPPEEEEE!!!! But then it came into my head that I might not have put the phone down properly and he might have heard me!  Luckily when I checked I had so I squealed YIPPEEEEEE again! cheesygrin

• Posted

Thanks Les!  I dont care how long the award is for - just so glad I got an award!  Hope you stay around and keep on fighting.  I am going to stick around as I have made some good pals on here, including you and  I want to be able to help others with their claims xxxx you take care! 
    • Posted

Brilliant news TCake... glad you finally got an award an the best you could get. Enjoy it an relax now.... well done xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.