pip claim. second time around

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have had pip for 2 years. It is due to finish next year but as with everyone else I have got my renewal 12 months before. I rushed to get my form filled in and get it back on time. They have now had it almost 6 weeks.

Today I received a text

Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed.

The last 6 weeks have made me feel even worse with my illness. And now I have got this I realise that it maybe 7 to 8 weeks at the earliest before I hear anything.

I rung DWP and the lady said that she had never seen this text before so I just have to wait!

Has anyone had this and not been for an assessment

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Clare, have you had the decision yet? Haven't seen any posts from you and was just wondering.

• Posted

Hi Denise.

I have spent the last 3 days on the phone . They still haven't sent me a decision. Although I know what it will be. My mp is writing a letter this week to support me. They rung dwp up. Then I have had a meeting with a local group that help to fight cases . He's getting everything prepared to help me. So as soon as the letter arrived he will be straight on with the M.R. I am at pain clinic tmrw so I am going to ask them to do a letter like dwp suggested. Then my doctor ring and asked me to go Friday so I will see If she can give me anything. The man from the local group said it's ridiculous and he will fight them all the way for me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.