pip claim. second time around

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have had pip for 2 years. It is due to finish next year but as with everyone else I have got my renewal 12 months before. I rushed to get my form filled in and get it back on time. They have now had it almost 6 weeks.

Today I received a text

Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed.

The last 6 weeks have made me feel even worse with my illness. And now I have got this I realise that it maybe 7 to 8 weeks at the earliest before I hear anything.

I rung DWP and the lady said that she had never seen this text before so I just have to wait!

Has anyone had this and not been for an assessment

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It's so wrong les. I feel bad for Anne as she has enough to deal with without this.

My condition is life long. No cure. But not life threatening. For now. It wi be a different story as i am older. And all this as well as being constantly in pain is what causes the anxiety. It's all a complete mess this system

• Posted

Hi Clare, my PIP review took 8 weeks from the time i sent my forms back. I sent them back on 2nd Sept, had a text a couple of weeks later. Recieved a letter 1 week afer that with an appointment date for begining of October, which i wasn't able to attend so i canceled it. They gave me another for the following week. The day before this they called me to cancel it, gave me another for 31 Oct. This finally went ahead ( last Monday) I was in the room for less than 10 mins. Had a text 2 days later saying they had all info they needed to make a decision. Call Thursday from DM. Decision made Friday and letter sent out same day. Award Standard daily Living (same as last time) but Enhanced Mobility this time. Good luck with yours, i'm sure it won't be much longer. Let us know how how you get on and what the outcome is.

• Posted

Hi Denise.

I'm so glad you have got it sorted. I had my assessment last week. It's been 15 weeks now since I sent my forms and I'm still waiting on the decision. My assessment was done at home and she was hear for about an hour. I feel so ill waiting. I rung up yesterday and they said it could take another 5 weeks yet! I'm really thinking of telling them in withdrawing my claim. I can't take much more of I'm honest x

• Posted

Hi Clare,

Sorry you haven't heard your result yet.Hang in there.I understand how you feel though as I am not sure I will attend the f2f if I ever get one.Not sure if I can face the humiliation and then be told I am not entitled to anything.

Tough times x

• Posted

Exactly how I feel. Spending all those hours completing the form, spending the money on getting copies of medical letters - then getting a letter telling you that what you have written and what the evidence proves is really a pack of lies. To add insult to injury you then read further only to find that the DWP have accepted that you own a ficticious dog that gets walked miles twice a day and at 68 still regularly play senior level rugby!!

• Posted

Thank you.

I would never have thought that 15 weeks would seem so long. My condition isn't curable but this seems to make it even worse. I hope it won't take another 5 week for a decision like they said it could do x

• Posted

Hi Clare, have you tried writing to your MP and explaining what's going on? I had to do this with my first PIP claim because it took forever. My MP soon shifted them and a decision came days later.

• Posted

Hi denise.

I didn't know that I could do that. I have rung up lots of times but do you think of I get my m.p involved they maybe funny with me and lower my allowance. I'm just goingnout of my mind. They said after my assessment last week it can take up to 6 week! That means it will have taken 20 weeks in total 😕

• Posted

HI Clare, no they wouldn't do that. I didn't actually realise it was only last week you had your assessment. I would wait another week or 2 and if you don't hear something then i'd contact your MP. I realise it's extremely stressful waiting. Is this a PIP review?

• Posted

Morning Denise.

Yes it is a review. I first applied 3 years ago. It is due to expire next year. But i had alot of evidence to say how I have got worse and I'm struggling. It's just so stressful.

I sold my car and got one through pip. I'm not in a position to buy it from them yet but I will try and but it from them next year if I get awarded to mobility again. If I loose it I am stuck. I love in the middle of nowhere and can't go on a bus. I'm looking for a different job too so I really need to be able to get out. I've heard so many horror stories. It's very consuming isn't it x

• Posted

HI Clare, it's one of the most stressful times along side the ESA assessment i think! I'm sure you'll have a decision soon. Haveyou rang them or had the "we've got all the evidence we need text yet?" Once you get this you know it won't be long. Please do let us know what the decision is. Hopefully you'll get to keep your car. I'm about to go and choose my first mobility car so it's very exciting. Hopefully they won't make me wait too long for it lol I have my own car but it's old. No idea what i'd do without a car. I know i'd be housebound.

• Posted

Sometimes I wonder why Motability don't lease out some or all of the cars that have had to be handed back due to the loss of benefit. This could be done for far less money than a new car. Over 500 cars a week are being taken back by Motability.

• Posted

Hi les,

Could it have something to do with vat?

As far as I know, no vat is paid by motability on the new cars.

Perhaps it would be to involved for them to then start the process over again with 2nd hand cars.

Mike.

• Posted

I asked this question when I was told at Volvo that 2 cars had come back that week so I rang Motability and they said, all Motability cars brought by the charity are insured on the lease, they have to be brand new and obviously if there returned because the benefit has stopped even after one month there second hand, they are sold through auctions.

Hence why you can't even buy them cheaper.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.