PIP claims

Posted , 3 users are following.

I first applied for pip in January 2016 had 2 apppintments made An both times capita cancelled them! Anyway had my 3rd appt for 7th July 2016 An it only lasted 25 minutes she also turned up 15 minutes earlier than planned! She refused to do the examination as she said she was concious I was in pain! Now the dreaded wait for the decision! I'm so scared An nervous! Been suffering with this pain for 8 years now 😢🙈

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Am I right in thinking you had your appointment July 2016 and you haven't had a decision yet

• Posted

Oh sorry predictive text!! First applied in January 2016 An had my assessment last Friday (2017)
    • Posted

That's totally unacceptable, 18 months!!! have you put in an official complaint because I have personnely not heard of any one yet having to wait that long for a benefit award or not as the case may be.

• Posted

So what reason did they give for the time scale
    • Posted

Yes a complaint has been put in! I've also asked for copy of the report just awaiting a decision now

• Posted

Had no appointments for home assessments apparently! Although I'd have had it done quicker if they hadn't of cancelled my first 2 appointments

• Posted

Glad it's all over finally. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a decision and it goes in your favour. You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will gove you some idea on what the decision will be as mostly they go with the report. Also hopefully the report won't be full of lies and the assesor remains nice and truthful. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Yes I've rang today for copy of the report! She didn't complete the examination as she said she was concious I was in pain an assessment only lasted 25 minute sis that a good thing or bad thing?

• Posted

I don't think there's a good or bad length of time, I had mine and the examiner was with me one and half hours and I was awarded high on both and I have read others who like you 20/25 minutes and won award and vice versa, so no telling, I'm sure yours will be a good one

• Posted

I really don't think it will! It's like she didn't believe me An kept trying to catch me out of you like! I have to use crutches every day I can't cook any meals I don't leave the house due to depression an anxiety! She was quite snotty tbh! Refused to let me do the examination as she said she was concious I was in pain! I'm confused to what she means by that

• Posted

Alexandria is right you really can't tell by the length of time you were in there. I've heard people have only been in there a short length of time and some have been awarded whilst others haven't.

Did you have a home assessment or go to them? Did you send in evidence to support your claim? being concious of you being in pain was her way of saying she new you were in pain. You really can't tell which way it will go until you have that report back. Please do come back and let us know the outcome.

• Posted

I had a home assessment!

I've requested the copy of the report but they've told me it can take up to 10 days to receive it! I'm not holding out much hope An I really don't think I'll get it!

• Posted

Well they won't send you a copy until they've recieved both copies themselves, so it could take longer. (both copies means paper and digital) Sometimes the assesors are quick at returning them, other times not so quick.

• Posted

I think you really need to relax and try (not easy I know) not to second guess the outcome, the decision will be with you soon and do as Denise says and ask for the report so you can at least see what's been said about you. I'm on crutches full time as well real pain I know and I'm sure you've put plenty of medical evidence through to support your claim and I hope it gives you a good result

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.