PIP claims

Posted , 3 users are following.

I first applied for pip in January 2016 had 2 apppintments made An both times capita cancelled them! Anyway had my 3rd appt for 7th July 2016 An it only lasted 25 minutes she also turned up 15 minutes earlier than planned! She refused to do the examination as she said she was concious I was in pain! Now the dreaded wait for the decision! I'm so scared An nervous! Been suffering with this pain for 8 years now 😢🙈

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is with a decision maker so just a waiting game now! (Feeling nervous)
    • Posted

I agree with Alexandria you need to relax. It could still take a few weeks even if it's with a decision maker (DM). If you wrote a mobile number down on the PIP2 form you sent them, then they'll text you when they have all the info they need. It shouldn't take long after that. Ringing daily will just get you more stressed, and yes i know it's hard not to ring them..but your assessment was only last Friday.

• Posted

Yes I received the text saying it's with decision maker! My claim has been put into as a priority as I've been waiting 7 months An my condition keeps deteriorating quickly!

• Posted

I thought you said you first applied January 2016? or did you mean 2017? Sounds like you did.
    • Posted

lol don't worry i do it all the time lol. 7 months isn't actually that long. Some people are waiting longer than that believe it or not. Especially if you ask for a home assessment. I waited 11 months the first time i applied and i didn't have a home assessment. Anyway good luck and hope that decision comes soon!

• Posted

Yes! I had to get my local MP involved in the end. Thankfully the decision went in my favour and had a huge back payment. They then went on to mess me around when claiming for a disability premium, so got my MP involved again. Once my MP contacted them i had the premium back dated money in my back just 4 days later. That got them shifted lol
    • Posted

I think if this takes longer than usual I'll be getting my mp involved too! As id been waiting 7 months for an assessment appt they had cancelled 2 appts on me! Yet when you contact them it says 8 weeks for an assessment An 2 weeks for a decision haha well that didn't go to plan did it!

• Posted

Assessment and decision times really do vary depending on where in the country you are. Decision times can be anything from 2-8 weeks.
  • Posted

Just to let everyone know!

I was awarded standard daily living and standard mobility! I've received my report through this morning An the lies the assessor has wrote about me I'm absolutely fuming! She denied to do the exam as she said she was concious I was in pain but has wrote in the report I declined it!

She also states I reached over to get a drink when I never had a drink throughout it!!

How can these people keep doing this! It's horrible!

• Posted

Yes lies do happen. The question is are you happy with the award you got? If not the a Mandatory Reconsideration is your next step BUT you do risk losing everything you already have. On the other hand it could either stay the same or increase. Most MR decisions remain the same and you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal Appeal. It's your choice of course. If it's the MR route then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to get this in.

• Posted

I'm more than happy An grateful for what I've been given! It's just annoyed me so much about the lies! Why can't people just be honest!

• Posted

Then that's great news! Yes it's annoying for sure. Luckily for you it didn't stop the award and losing those vital points. Relax now but do remember that reviews take place 1 year before awards are due to end. Enjoy that back dated money and go and treat yourself smile

• Posted

Yes I'm not due until 2019 as award is until 2020! Oh we will be going on a nice family holiday for sure!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.