pip decision

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I said i would update everyone that has followed by posts. Well here goes. It's not good and I'm a very distressed so excuse me if I ramble on.

I was due to have my renewal for PIP. I got informed that I was having a home assessment.

The lady seem pleasant enough but didn't give me much eye contact . She was too busy typing and wouldn't let me explain some things. When I asked about my condition she said she didn't know.

I am currently on standard care and higher mobility.

I am waiting on a decision but I have received my report.

She has only awarded me 4 points for mobility so I stand to loose all my money. My condition is life long with no improvement .

She has talked about my difficulties but then contradicted herself when scoring me.

Can I ring up and ask them to look into this before they make a decision

0 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This group is supposed to be about supporting people and discussing issues regarding benefits.As far as I am aware non of us are experts.

When someone is stressed and is doing their best in difficult circumstances it is not helpful to keep being negative towards them.

I wish you all the best Clare and won't be posting here about my experiences.

• Posted

Thank you Anne. I really hope your claim goes well. It's such a stressful time and you could really do with it. Please take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.