Pip decision & points

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

I have had a f2f 18th dec2017 still waiting for the decision but had a letter saying we have everything we need a decision will made made soon ?

I am so anxious and feeling unwell thinking about it 

I dont know how its decided but i do know how i am daily 

I cant cook or prepare a meal ..

I need help in and out of the bath and my husband has to wash my upper body and hair

i need help in dressing lower body regarding shoes socks tights etc

i can walk but im unsteady and it varies how far and length of time  it takes 

can anyone advise me how they think the decision will go 

im not sleeping very well because of the worry i already suffer depression and this is not helping 

thanks in advance

Angela

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI Angela,

I'm afraid no one can advice you on what the decision will be. Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be. This report will also help if the decision doens't go in your favour and you need to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

There's no timescales for deicisons, it all depends on the backlog in your area. Hopefully it won't be too long. I know it's very stressful. Every single perosn who claims PIP or ESA goes through exactly the same stress, so you're not a lone. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Denise

I will ring tomorrow & ask them to send me a copy of the assessment report

• Posted

An award is based on points scored with the PIP descriptors. There's 2 parts to PIP, Daily Living and Mobility and you need to score 8 points in either or both for an award of Standard, 12 points for Enhanced. You can google PIP self test and do the online one, this will gve you some idea what you could possibly score. Bear in mind that's only a guide. Evidence plays a huge part in an award.

• Posted

Hi Angela, Denise is right, theres no black and white, please try to not make your self poorly because no matter how you wait for your result it will still be whatever it will be, if hopefully yours is a good result but if its not on the first result you can always put in an MR and take it from there, is this your first claim
    • Posted

Hi Alexandria

Thanks for your kind words 

this is my first claim for PIP i am at the moment on DLA

• Posted

Then hopefully yours may be a quicker response time, there's no knowing, one little problem is that DLA and PIP are so different, DLA was all about the disease's you suffer from and seemingly nothing to do without how it really effects you or how you manage and PIP is totally the opposite, its all about the way your illness effects you on a daily basis and how you need help ect

• Posted

Hi Angela,

I hope the results go well for you, I transferred from DLA to PIP and was awarded enhanced on both care and mobility.  As Denise advised, ask for a copy of the assessment report as this will give you some idea of what the decision may be and the report may be helpful if you need to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, which hopefully you won't.  Please let us know how you get on xx

• Posted

Great advice Alexandria,

The problem people have when transfering from DLA is they have no idea what PIP is all about. When transfering or not, it's always a good idea to do your research. As you stated, DLA and PIP are completely different.

• Posted

Hi All 

Feeling very sick and nervous 

Just rang DWP asked for a copy of the assessment report also asked  on the progress 

She told me a decision has been made today but the outcome wont show on the system till tomorrow because it uploads over night 

She told me that they received the report on the 21st dec and with the xmas and new years holiday 

It appears quick for the result 

not sure how to take it but hope and pray is a good result for me 

• Posted

I was told same and next day I was told i had been awarded high on both, I will say I cannot walk with out crutches and if I have to walk far it has to be chair, don't know your situation so can only go on my personal experience.

• Posted

Ii hope its good news for me 

I can walk but im unsteady and it depends on the the day im having to how far i can walk and the time it takes to walk

with me its more that i cant cook or prepare a meal for safty reasons

need help in and out of bath

need help washing my hair and upper body 

need help dressing my lower body 

• Posted

I think that your more likely to get care than Mobility, but I hope yoy get the help you need to be able to live life safely
    • Posted

That would be good, if they say you have been declined (hopefully not) ask for your MR immediately to get the ball rolling
  • Posted

try not to worry a descion will be made soon can go either way u can always ring dwp up an d ask if they made desisiion yet worth try sure u get answer soon know it can be worring cause i have to go thru claim prosees again so i dont know if i get it after march hopefully u get some good newsfingers crossed and please try not to worry denise is good at adviing on this sort things sorry cznt be much help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.