PIP decision received

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well the brown envelope fell through the door yesterday. No entitlemnet to PIP as I did not score enough points. I got 6 for daily living and 4 for mobility sad.

The two descriptors I thought would stand my best chance of being awarded the care part I got zero points for both. 

I am disappointed but not surprised as I was expecting it given PIPs track record. Will be calling them tomorrow and asking for the assessors report as certain things the DM said in his decision doesn't sound right

I will keep you all updated

Happy Sunday and gentle hugs everyone x

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Erykah71 I am so sorry to read this. I now hope that you will appeal their decission, as we all deserve help.
    • Posted

Thanks Anne, will defintely appeal.

Thanks for your sipport x

• Posted

I got 6 points for daily living and only 2 for mobility. On my third appeals, had to take it to tribunal as PIP refused to accept I have been unable to work since Jan and use the fact I work full time and use public transport to get there as proof I am fine, even though I have reiterated time and again I do not work at the moment, my employer is simply keeping my position open if/when I'm able to go back.

The fact I can't use the stairs up and down to my flat leaving me more or less housebound unless someone is with me can't be taken into consideration apparently, pain, fear and anxiety don't seem to count.

I've been told I have no previous mental health issues and no previous medical conditions which would leave me unable to do things. I must have imagined the 20 yrs of Osgood schlatis, patella tendon injuries, all the physio I have had due to knee buckling, the fact I've been on 4 different types of anti depressants (currently prozac)!! Even my Dr is confused by them now, got diagnosed with arthritis in hands but PIP assessor very helpfully informed me everyone has arthritis,, it comes with age...I'm 33!! She also told me at the outset that half the medical profession don't believe in FMS, so tht really reassured me lol.

These people need to get a grip and accept we are I'll. Do they honestly think I would leave a wonderful job, drop 1k a month (my daughters 14 and thankfully not too demanding lol) and have my parents pay my mortgage till I can sell my flat and move back in with them for fun!?!?

We are treated like a jokesad Good Luck, my advice is to appeal and tell them everything about ur worst day and do not say ur condition varies, I was stupid enough to be honest and have been left penniless and soon to be homeless!!

Really hope you have a btr time of it and the assessor is a bit more humane than mine was!!

Claire xx

• Posted

Oh Klaregee

I am so sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time. It makes me seeth when you see people who chance their arm and apply for PIP when they are not really ill get enhanced and yet people who genuinly need it have to go through hell.

Like you, I'm off work again and loosing a massive income (Not that I earn loads lol, just massive compared to SSP)

I am going to ask for a reconsideration - I really hope you get sorted soon hun.

Thanks for your support x

• Posted

I'm still waiting on a reply from the tribunal so all my moaning might be in vain (I hope!!)

Defo get an appeal in, the pip rational used the fact I got diagnosed 9yrs ago but still managed to work! Like you it makes me mad to think there's some who have held their hands out all their lives and get all sorts, like im being punished cos I went out to work to support my daughtersad

I know they can only go on what they see and unfortunately ours isn't a visible illness, its like telling a schizophrenic that its all in their heads lol!!

Such an unfair system but we finally seem to be gtn taken a little more seriously, hope ur Dr is supportive too. I've swapped docs twice just to get one who took me seriously xx

• Posted

Hi Erykah ....... I had one approx a year ago and was two pint off for lower mobility and daily living, I don't suppose your were advised to contact your local council and ask for Aduly Social Services/Care?   Fortunately I was and I was given some great mobility aids to help me in my daily living. The social worker that came to see me was very empathetic and she totally got how I felt?........ You never know they may be able to help you. 

Shaz x 

• Posted

Hi Shaz,

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't advised but will look into it

Thanks for your support x

• Posted

Aww, I'm sorry that you had to go through all that Erykah, just to be told no rolleyes

I hope it goes well for you if you appeal, and thank you for letting us know.

How are you today, and how is your weekend going?

Take care

Gentle hugs

• Posted

Hi Boqer,

Surprisingly, (despite all the usual aches and pains and feeling very hot) I feel okay. Like I said I was disappointed when I got the letter but because I was expecting it the blow was softened.

Hope you're doing okay and recovered after your appointment.

Take care hun and thank for your support

Hugs backxx

• Posted

Hi erkah71 I am so sorry to hear you have not been a warded pip.I do hope you are going to appeal their decision, its just so unfair we need all the help and support we can. get. Take care gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz, it is frustrating but all not lost yet. Think my daughter was more annoyed than I was lol

Thanks for your support, hugs back x

• Posted

Hello , I got turned down and it is upsetting. I have appealed my Doctor wrote me a letter of support, I look at the door matt everyday. My sick note runs out 23rd of this month i am unsure what to do, do I struggle and go back to work only to be sighned off again ( i suffer from NEAD aswell and have upto 4/5 seizures randomly a week). I can only hope. Dont give up. big hugs 
    • Posted

Hi Hazel.

Good luck with your appeal. I will be calling my doctor tomorrow. I have been having the same concerns as you with work. My sick note runs out on the 22nd and whilst I want to get back to work as money is tight I am wondering is it worth it? 

I returned to work in Feb after four months off and work was great with adjustments etc, but unfortunately I feel so rough most of the time the doctor signed me off again. It's a horrible situation to be in as it just aggrivates the anxiety, depression and IBS, which as we all know make the fibro symptoms worse - feels like I'm on a non stop roundabout 

Thanks for your support, hugs back x

• Posted

Thank you erykah but I am expecting it to say no again, My body is really feeling it at the moment pain is high and its so debilitating. I had the same situation as you I have had fibro for years and struggled with pain but what did it was in December last year I had a seizure on the bus on the way to work was sighned off for a while , tried work again and It just kept happening so again sighned off . I have been off for two months now nearing to an end and I feel the stress of all this is definatley making me worse. I know I shouldnt be going back to my job ( waitress) Its just to much. I wish that someone is willing to take me on like i am ,lighter work. My boss doesnt want me back as I am a liability and I agree. I feel like you stuck in a rutt. My husband is carrying the financial load and he lets me know now and then. He wants me off but at the same time we are struggling. I cant drive or go out by myself and the pain in my joints has increased . Its a pain in the B** . Good luck and dont give up. I watched a programe on the telly and a woman had many things wrong with her one of them was Fibromyalgia I sat up couldnt believe It was mentioned on TV. Its getting known more people i have told say " oh thats really painfull " I feel pleased that more people are aware and dont say" whats that, you look fine". eek. Hugs x
  • Posted

Hi would someone mind telling me what PIPs is?
    • Posted

Hi Magrid PIP is a social security benefit called Personal Independence Payment which has taken over from Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.