PIP - I am confused??? help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone

Well I woke up this morning and my husband noticed £814.47 had been put in our bank from PIP?

Well I’ve had no letter to say I’ve been awarded anything, but from my calculations of waiting 14 weeks from start of my claim, the back pay would of been around £802 on LR Care, so is the back date?

Even more confusing after requesting a copy of the assessment report, it came through the post today, well I am even more confused because this is what I got on each descriptor, which will indicate the points I think it scores:

Daily Living

. Preparing Food - b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal (2 points)

. Washing and bathing - b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to wash or bathe (2 points)

. Managing toilet needs or incontinence - b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to manage toilet needs or incontinence (2 points)

. Dressing and undressing - b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to dress or undress (2 points)

Mobility

.Moving around - b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided (4 points)

The reason I am confused is because  on the planning a journey descriptor, I didn’t get anything, however the justification doesn’t match up because she is stating I do get anxious When going to new places and will need support, she feels sick and freighters.

Well to me that should be D - cannot follow a route of an unfirmiliar journey without another person, do you agree?

Should wait to see what’s been awarded and appeal?

I don’t know what to do!! Help please

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Donna,  You say you mix with people you know but not those you don't know. What about when you go out? Do you ever go anywhere alone, if you do how often do you go out alone? Did you also go to the assessment alone? The reason i'm asking is because following and planning a journey descriptor is a very difficult descriptor to gain points for.

• Posted

read the report first then think about it , always take your time and keep calm as you will get what you need at the end , 

• Posted

Thank you for all the comments

I have received my Award letter through the post this morning and I was awarded LR care (I scored 8 points) and this is awarded until 2021. I scored 4 pints on mobility part, so no award there at all. 

I think I will let CAB look over it as I need advice 

• Posted

It’s up to you what you do. I do know that my local CAB has a long waiting list for appointments. Just remember Denise’s helpful comment about the 28 day period for appeals
  • Posted

Hi All

Thank you for all your comments.

It is my decision and I have an appointment with a CAB advisor in 2 weeks now. 

Can we just stop throwing comments back and forth to each other about this situation now! I know what I need to do and if I decide to appeal this is my choice, I have taken on board everyone’s comments and others I haven’t. 

Thanks again 

• Posted

Donna, my comments have mostly been to you and trying my hardest to help you. Just like i do with everyone that posts questions here.

I have reported the thread as it's now getting out of hand with all the comments.

I wish you good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.