pip medical

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I had my pip medical on the 1St october for Epilepsy with ongoing seizures, depression and anxiety. I asked for a copy of my report from dwp, on the points I've worked it out as 12 for daily life. 12 for mobility. Do dwp actually go off this?? Or do they look at and change the points? I rang earlier to see what was taking so long and they said I will have my decision on Wednesday.. Any advice or help would be great..

Thankyou

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Natalie going by the way you worked out your points you should have a positive decision.  Sorry apart from this can give you much advice, let us know how you get on wont you

Sue x

• Posted

I really hope so. Feel like ive been waiting ages, 18 weeks n soon to get my decision at last!! Thankyou. I will let you know how I get on next week xxx
  • Posted

Hi,

when.you say you worked out the points in what way did you do this? x

• Posted

I have a copy of my medical report from atos, theres a disability website on the net, I've put the answers from the medical into the pip self test and Thats the points that came out. Xx
    • Posted

Hi, i done this test before my assessment,,i scored 27pts for daily componet and 18pts for mobility......so after all the stress and worry my envelope arrived.......to find 12pts enchanced rate daily componet and 8pts low rate mobility......also what my decision maker said was not true......i know i should be happy with the outcome.....but why should theses people get away with this......also my carer appealed and explained on the phone why and what was said and done.....she asked for a back up letter and told us we had 4wks to do this.......so we got doc to send a letter direct to them.......but 3wks letter we got an other dicision in and nothing was changed......but the knew we were sending in back up letter.....theses people only see you once....something needs to be done....i wish you luck x let me know how you get on x
    • Posted

Did you get a copy of your medical report that atos wrote and sent to dwp? This is what I've worked mine out from! It's rubbish really isn't it! I hope your ok xxz
    • Posted

Hi Nat you have lost me....is that the letter from the descision maker along with how my points were made up?and how and what am getting,,,,this is so bad what we have to go through.....and i think its just ur luck what you are awarded......i was on enchanced rate for over 3yrs and things changed......thats why i had to go through PIP.......am happy with the outcome.....but what the decision said about me were untrue.....theses people do not know us the way our doctors do.....anyay ho many points did you get Nat? keep ur chin up x
    • Posted

Sorry I haven't wrote it very clear have I lol. I had my medical on the 1St october, I received a letter on the 15th saying they had everything they needed now to make a decision on the claim. I rang dwp up on the 15th to ask for a copy of my medical report from atos, which has to be requested to the decision maker before a copy of it is sent out. I received my medical then used the pip self test online, I used the answers that the lady from atos had used, the points came out at 12 for daily life, and 12 for mobility.. I am yet to receive my decision.. Does this make sense? Xx
    • Posted

hi,dont know if things are done diffrently.....as i went for my medical then got the result,and my paperwork headin is about payments ....on other heading states how your decision as reached with points next to what i can and cant do......its the same layout pip sel test.....so have you got papers back yet?when you say you used the same as the lady rom atos had.......as when i went i didnt know what points i had until i got a letter.....sorry am slow taking things in x
    • Posted

If you ask dwp for a copy of your medical there is like 4 or 5 different answers that atos tick. On the pip self test you put the answers in, which I put the answers in from my medical report, then at the end it tells you how many points you'd get, sorry I'm not sure if I'm putting it right lol xx
    • Posted

I asked for a copy of my medical before a decision is made, just because I like to keep file of things otherwise I get stressed out xx
    • Posted

yeah i understand you now......you can let me know the outcome....am sure you will get the top rate for eveything ....take care x
    • Posted

Thankyou. Just hope dwp don't change the points to much from what atos gave me. Thankyou xx
    • Posted

gd for you....dont think they will change...... its atos that decide what you get.......you will hear from them soon......can i ask whats wrong with you......you dont need to tell if you dont want to x
    • Posted

I have Epilepsy which is uncontrolled at min so having regular seizures. Severe depression and anxiety xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.