Pip payout

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

My son finally got pip payment but only from January his claim was from September

Anyway at tribunal when they were going through paperwork they said oh you were paid dla up until January off his year

We both said nope had no payment since December 2012 they said you better check and no they hadnt paid which we knew!

Anyway where do we go from here error is not on our part not fair that we haven't got full amount due to there error!

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you saying that the DLA ceased in December 2012 and that the PIP claim was made in September 2015?

If so what was happening from December 2012 and September 2015 - was he receiving nothing? If so why and what did you do about it?

If you delayed making the PIP claim for almost 2 years then that is not the fault of the DWP. You can only be awarded PIP from when the claim is made - there is no backdating.

The thing that confuses me is where does January 2016 come in to it? Are they saying that the PIP claim wasn't received by them until January 2016?

• Posted

Yes hospital 4 months didn't know could phone up reinstate.

No money didn't know we could thought benefit was lost.

Yes made fresh pip claim as cpn said apply don't want back payments

From original dla just from claim date of September 2015

Dla on forms at tribunal said money had been paid till January 2015 but it wasn't that's why I want what's owed from September 2015 not before.

• Posted

I've just had the dreaded brown letter saying my sons dla is gonna be stopped as according to the atos assessment he is fine and got given 0 points on all but he needs reminding to take medication,needs supervising if cooking a meal,we stand by the bathroom when he is bathing as he has epilepsy  he is now being assessed for Asperger syndrome and is waiting to see a neuropsychologist as he has problems remembering certain stuff I called them on Friday to say I wasn't happy and someone will call back.  

• Posted

Tell them you want mandatory reconsideration when you speak to them.
  • Posted

He went into hospital so the benefit stopped we/he didn't know you just had to phone up to reinstate it.

And he came back home to me so I just looked after him then last year his support worker said applyfor pip so he did.

• Posted

So you didn't ask for DLA to be restarted and waited nearly two years then applied for PIP instead???

All you needed to have done is telephone the DWP and tell them that he is out of hospital. That would have restarted his payments. Presumably he then turned 16.

My feeling is that the DWP 'may' pay you the missing DLA but it is not guaranteed. They will simply say that you missed the boat and that you should have telephoned - ignorance is no defence unfortunately. 

• Posted

I'm not asking for the missing dla we didn't know it was a question of restarting it by phone it stopped because of long hospital stay, pip was started as a new claim because we didn't know dla was still live. It's not about my 17 year old this is about my eldest son so as far as we're aware when we applied in September they could have said you have a live claim already from dla the only time we knew was when they told tribunal it was paid till January 2015 which is not true I feel pip has let this be a brand new claim treat it as that only and pay from claim date from September, January date is the fault of whoever sent forms with mistake on. Can't put that on forms if not true.

• Posted

I'm all new to this what is a mandatory reconsideration? . They have given me a date his last dla payment stops and won't get pip  according to the atos assessment he is fine with using the oven which is what my son said but because he has epilepsy I wouldn't let him use a oven or chip pan he is also never by himself in cas of a seizure and the assessment said they vary  ..(of course they vary as I don't know when his next seizure will be but they are increasing in time )  he has trouble understanding certain verbal questions is which why I go with him to hospital appointments he has trouble with unfamiliar bus rides and he can go to town on his own and back home but that's it 

• Posted

Yes Hun he was transferring from dla to pip and had to goto a atos assessment where they gave him 0 on all questions 
    • Posted

They did my son 0 on everything as well so you ask for mandatory reconsideration

And they came back the same 0 points so went to tribunal stage and won with enhanced care.

• Posted

How long did it take to go to a tribunal? And do u have to pay any costs ? 

i called them on Friday and said I wasn't happy with the outcome and he said someone will ring back in 5 days .. 

• Posted

You phone them and ask for mandatory reconsideration you have so many days.

From start to finish well it's not finished applied september tribunal was May.

• Posted

I have already called them on Friday and waiting on a call from them to most probably tell me the reasons to  why they stopping the dla ,and if it does goe to a tribunal do I have to pay any fees ? X
    • Posted

No fees! have you googled internet there's loads of places to find things out to help you that's what I did.

My 17 year old has aspergers and gets pip, the son I'm talking about on my thread is my oldest son who has mental health problems.

• Posted

My 18 year old is the one in question he is on the waiting list to be assessed for Aspergers too and also has mental health problems all this is in his medical history he also Neurofibromatosis type 1 ,epilepsy,he also had  suicidal thoughts and again  this is in his notes he is a very pale boy and hardly goes out with a parent.. We do let him go to town to meet a friend but we make sure he has his tags on his phone charged up   Don't know why the atos assessment man said his seizures vary and carnt put a time on them.  He just had one recently where he left school ran across 2 main roads and jumped on the nearest bus he ended up calling my daughter saying he was lost and didn't know where he was we found him by asking what was the name of the nearest bus stop and when we found him he was walking round in circles.  He tends to to this before. Seizure but didn't have one once in the car 

• Posted

I found atos appointment doesn't pick up on the whole picture it's so much more then a few questions

Tribunal gives you chance to explain the care and support they need thats why we won with enhanced care because my eldest needs lots of care.

Youngest does also his communication is less than 1% .

• Posted

I have 2 sons with Neurofibromatosis type 1 but my eldest is worse than my youngest they both have problems with what bus to get to a certain place and my youngest still has problems with reading and writing even though he is 15. I just hope they ring back if not I will ring back and ask for the mandatory reconsiderion 
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on.
    • Posted

Just looking online about mandatory reconsiderion and says it's better in writing but will they still look into it when I call them ? 

• Posted

Okay thank you  I act on behalf of him so will ring tomorrow morning X 
    • Posted

I do as well. Like I say Google and your see how it all works and the process of it all.x
    • Posted

That's why people don't bother because it's not easy process! I feel with all the hoops they make you go through same with Esa also same hoops. I have a big box that goes under bed full if paperwork it's never ending.

• Posted

Yeah I have loads of letters too from his hospitals,some from alder hey some from a neuro hospital and some from a hospital in Manchester 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.