pip points

Posted , 12 users are following.

so.. had my brown envelope today, scored 6 for daily life and 4 for mobility. had a copy of my medical report from atos which from that report i got 12 in both. has anybody had a reconsideration and been awarded? feel so stressed out, why do they bother with atos medicals if they take no notice of there report!

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

sorry to ask but whats atos??x
    • Posted

Christine as pollmadoll64             has explained what atos is, we think the name is very appropiate  as they really cant care 'a toss' !

Sue x 

• Posted

i didnt find them bad, i mean she wrote everything down that i told her truthfully, my report from atos was very good, worked my points out at 12 each on both so its dwp that have obviously changed the points xx
  • Posted

ATOS is the ridiculous assessment company from France who make a mockery of us poor people who go to  the assessment with all the relevant medical paperwork ,fit.notes saying we are not fit to work from our GPS and surgeons. Who then supersede these professionals.We are asked utterly irrelevant questions to our condition. I have had Fibromyalgia for over 8years and a frozen shoulder for four years. Which needed key hole surgery as it was a day case due to the govt. turfing us out two hours after general anaestheitic I failed my assessment which had been done  a month before. I was then misadvised by the DWP ,to go for a Mandatory Reconsideration whereas it should have been a new claim for a change in circumstances. I have been through hell,and back again fighting this . The stress and pain I have suffered has been horrendous while I was meant to be recovering. I spoke to over 50 different people over 10hours of phone calls. 6weeks on I have been finally reinstated once my MP got involved. It is seriously shocking how chaotic this system is. I have now had three apologies from the DWP. They have lost piles of my documents. 
    • Posted

What you have had to contend with is simply horrendous, yes its  a seriously shocking chaotic system that is causing many to lose their benefits and some their mobility cars with it too. This all goes back to when people were being discovered that were d frauding the system and claiming DLA . Problem is now they have gone OVTP and are targetting genuine needy cases. Im waiting for the brown envelope to say they have stopped my DLA  any day now as was told id be getting a letter at the end of October. Ive had M.E. for 18 years now but dont exspect to gain nay points at all. Wouldnt mind so much if they hadnt took my state pension out of hubbys pension credit and left him with £7.00 then told us we have now gott o pay for all our dental treatment! A crazy cruel system indeed. As for losing piles of your documents, how convenient! For them.

Sue x

• Posted

oh no i hope your ok. i have a copy of my medical and its actually really good, atos havent lied on any of it. i worked the points out from my medical report, going off that i got 12 on daily life and 12 on mobility, its the dwp that have changed it so much, just cant understand it
  • Posted

My mum is waiting am assesment with atos I'm not holding my breath it would just be nice to know if there is a free carers programme that can replace me as she generally does need someone to help her with daily living, I've heard that alot of people have lost out due to in correct points, try and fight it, you may get a better outcome
  • Posted

Hi Nat,

ive spoke to you before.....i think i spoke to you about the points........as i done the on-line pip test and scored about 34pts and about 16pts for mobility thats just roughly......so when i got the brown envelope i got enhanced rate DLC and standard rate 8pts for mobility........yes i should be happy but what the decision maker said was not true.....so my carer phoned and explained what was right and what was wrong......they asked if we could get a back up later.......so GP sent it direct.......so not long after that we got brown envelope......and nothing was changed.....and more or less said that it was staying that way......so carer phoned again asking about GP letter and why they didnt never gave us 14days......so person on phone said they never got back up letter.....so they are going to have  other look  into it, we have been asked to send a copy of GP letter....am so glad we got a copy rom my Gp........once again am happy with the outcome but not happy what the decision maker said.......its not fair the way we are treated......how do theses people judge us? when they only see us once.......people has good and bad days.....but a lot of people who has missing limbs and they have took there car from them....phone and tell them your not happy xxx dont gave up Nat

take care x

• Posted

my partner rung n asked for a reconsideration, i just dont get it, going off atos report i scored 12 on both so why do dwp even bother using atos if they dont go off what there saying. i feel so upset, my mums worked all her life and quit her job to care for me and now she cant even claim any benefits so now shes looking for work again when i should have a full time carer. how long do reconsiderations take? i cant be doing with all the stress so leaving my partner to appeal etc.. thankyou xxx
  • Posted

I suggest you get your local MP involved that is how I won my case.Atos is A complete waste of taxpayers money. It is a very unfair way to assess the vulnerable. We are treated like third class citizens . I was shocked to have an insight into the whole process. 
  • Posted

I have now got the DWP resolution manager involved due to a letter of apology sent to me after the MP had put pressure on them. I can only hope that someone will investigate how this all went so horribly wrong and they can learn from their mistakes. This whole DWP system needs a serious review. I have been awarded two years on PIP so am on the enhanced rate. I still have not been paid properly. 
  • Posted

Hi Nat

I understand you are upset and angry at the decsion and you have every right to.

However, you now need to focus on getting the decision overturned.

You have to go through the MR farce but don't waste the oppotunity. Clearly challenge the Decision Makers conclusion on the basis that the ATOS report gave you enough points for DCL & Mobility.

Hopefully you will smoke out either their warped logic or some other detail which has not been disclosed.

Be prepared for the long haul and an appeal to a Tribunal.

Good Luck

• Posted

Thankyou anthony i have asked for a reconsideration so will see how that comes out, any idea how long reconsideration takes? if they still reject this i will make a appointment with local mp and see if she can help xx
    • Posted

They usually take a fortnight and have to give you their reasons if they decide to still refuse. Getting in touch with the Citizens advice bureau also helps. It was my MP who changed their mind and a very strong letter from my GP,Rheumatologist and surgeon! !!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.