PIP REPORT

Posted , 5 users are following.

SO I HAVE A COPY OF MY REPORT THERE ARE A LOT OF GAPS ! SHE HAS SAID I NEED ASSISTANCE TO GET IN AND OUT OF THE SHOWER. I DO NOT HAVE SHOWERS OR BATHS MY CARERS STRIP WAS ME AS I CANNOT PHYSICALLY GET IN AND OUT OF MY BATH ! OTHER THINGS DO NOT ADD UP. SO HERE IS MY PROBLEM. THE LADY ON THE PHONE HAS SAID THAT I HAVE BEEN AWARDED STANDARD RATE OF CARE AND HIGHER MOBILITY TILL 2022. GREAT ON MOBILITY BUT I AM NOW LOSING OUT ON THE £28 I WAS GETTING BEFORE AS I USED TO GET HIGH RATE CARE. THIS IS A MASSIVE DROP FOR ME. WELL IF THEY HAVE AWARDED ME 8 POINTS SURELY I SHOULD HAVE SCORED 8 POINTS FOR THE BATHING ALONE ! ALSO SHE HAS PUT FOR DRESSING AND UNDRESSING THAT I NEED ASSISTANCE TO BE ABLE TO UNDRESS MY LOWER BODY. I CANNOT DRESS OR UNDRESS MYSELF AT ALL . THE CLARIFICATION SHE GAVE WAS BECAUSE I WIPED MY TEARS AWAY AND HANDLED PAPERWORK. FOR GODSAKE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE. SO GUYS WHAT DO YOU RECKON I SHOULD DO. ASK FOR A MR AND RISK LOSING IT ALL . OR JUST STAY WITH WHAT I HAVE. IM FUMING TO BE HONEST. ALL HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I think you should wait until the decision has been made as this is only an indication, although mostly the DM will go with what was said in the report. It's very hard to read your post because of the caps you've used but i'll try my best. How many points were you given for Daily living? Bearing in mind you need at least 12 for Enhanced. If it was 8 then going for the MR you'd need another 4 points. You need to take another look at the descriptors and see where you could score more points. Also think about the fact that they'll look at the entire award again and it has been know for people to lose what they already have. Most MR's come back the same but Tribunal success is 65%.

When i first applied for PIP i was awarded 10 points for mobility. Got very angry because i knew i should have got 12. I thought about it a lot and in the end decided to stick with what i had because i my mind the extra stress and though of losing what i had just wasn't worth it.

When the decision has finally been made you'll have 1 month from the date on the letter to ask for the MR if that's what you decide to do. You'll need to send in more evidence and point out where you think you should have scored more points and concentrate on that and nothing else. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi i was awarded standard rate of care so must have got 8 and higher rate of mobility so at least i get to keep my car. What im upset about is that she has written that i do not have a bath and shower and that i have strip washes now which are done by carer. Then she states in the descriptor that i need help to take a bath and a shower. Contradicting herself ! Also amongst other things that i only need help to dress my lower body just beause i wiped my tears away i can in her opinion manage to wash my top half ! These 2 factors are completly untrue and would award the extra points i would need. Why do these people put vunerable people through this. Im livid !!
    • Posted

They don't worry what they put people through Michelle as callousness is their middle name sadly.

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I can understand what you say about washing/bathing. In my case, I don`t need a carer to wash me but as I cannot get in or out of the bath I have to give myself a strip wash and use the shower head to wash my hair. This was not accurately reported by the assessor (there was more to this, which she missed out). The original decision came back and for this I was awarded 3 points.

I asked for reassessment because another part was wrong. The MR DM looked at the whole of my claim and reduced my 3 points for washing/bathing to 2 (changing descriptor).

I realise it is a difficult decision and no-one wants anyone to be deprived of what they should be awarded, but I think you should seriously consider whether it is worth risking loosing PIP by asking for MR.

Sorry if this reply seems negative and in no way did I intend to add to any stress.

I am sure that whatever you decide you will have the support and advise from contributors to this discussion board.

Steve

• Posted

Thanks steve. I know its a hard desicion thats why i asked you guys as i value your opinions. I am having a call from the DM today obiviously not for a MR as i have to wait until my letter arrives. However i still want to discuss a few things with them as i want to make myself clear that misleading reports are a common thing and that it is unacceptable. I may also consider getting my friend who is a lawyer who works for a disability charity to take a look at my report and tell me what he thinks
    • Posted

Thanks Michelle. One thing I`ve learnt from this discussion board is that although there may, at times, be differences of opinion, the contributors have a wealth of knowledge and experience which can be shared and help each other.

I would suggest (and this is only my thought and others might have different thoughts on this) that when you speak to the DM today it might be worth concentrating on the parts you disagree with and why (for example, something which the assessor didnt mention or misreported) so, keep it personal to you rather than say this common and happens to others.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

• Posted

Personally if it was me being awarded it for 10 years with a drop that you will have in your payments l would accept the decision but l ain't you Michelle as you have to come to your own decision in the end.

• Posted

Its been awarded till 2022 and for that fact i am very grateful. What gets me is that she has blatently lied in the daily living questions. Why should they beable to get away with it ? Im going to talk to the DM when they ring today and i will take it from there
    • Posted

Yes see what they say but also get advice before you make your possible next move Michelle.
    • Posted

Just reading through report againa nd one of the things she stated was because my incontience issues are caused by a mobilty issue rather than a medical issue then i should only score 2 points. Well i though PIP was not about your condition but how it affects you. Well if thats the case then it makes no difference if it is medical because the fact remains the same it affects me in a way where i need assistance to manage both bladder and bowel ! Also apprently because my carer is not provided by social services this underminds the fact that i do not cook at all and i use an aid to cook so i only score 2 points or whatever it is. I do not cook at all ever and just because i use a walking stick and i handled paperwork and i used my fingers to wipe away my tears i have adequate upperbody power to cook. What a load of bull ! I do not cook at all for the following reasons last time i almost scaleded myself and 2nd of all i can not physically stand for the amount of time it would take to prepare anything and last but not least i can hardly stay awake for 5 mins once my meds kick in. The more and more i think about it the more angry im getting frown
    • Posted

I agree with Steve about concentrating on the parts you disagree with rather than misleading reports etc. Try to stay focused on what you think you should get and not anything else. It's so easy to let our minds wonder with things like this and even more so when we're angry. You have every right to be angry but it doens't always help the situation. Hope that DM rings because they don't always ring when they say they're going to either. Good luck!!

• Posted

For some reason i missed this. You're right PIP is all about how your condition affects you in daily life. If you have plenty of evidence to support those descriptors and how they've contradicted theirself you may just havea very good reason to as for this MR BUT you have to concentrate on those descriptors that you think you should have scored more points in. Just because you've got Standard Daily living that doesn't mean you scored only 8 points. You could have scored anything between 8 and 11 for that award. It's a hard decision and one that only you can make on whether to go for that MR or not. If you do decide to go ahead with it i advice you to get some help. Ring DWP and tell them you want to ask for the MR BUT then put it in writing as well because we all know what DWP are like, right? Remember that deadline of 1 month. You'll still be paid your money on the award you have until a decision has been made on the MR. Just remember that risk for a lower award too. I just want to point out all the facts to you before you decide what you want to do. Good luck what ever your decision x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.