Pip review

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi

5 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi all I'm wondering if yous can help me I'm due a review on the 9th off June as stated on my pip letter I'm also due a payment on the 6th and I haven't received any review letter or an thing can anyone tell me if I will still recieve a payment ? And will I also get a letter soon.thanks in adance

• Posted

Hi,

They will send you a letter with a review form to fill in and return. You will still recieve payment. I'm guessing your PIP award is until next June, as the review is this year? I'm syrprised they haven't contacted you by now but i'm sure they will soon. My review was last August and i had my letter and form in mid July.

• Posted

Hi Denise thank uou for youe reply, my award was for two years which would be until June 2018 though I know now they contact you a year before so by right my review is due some point this week I'm due a payment on Tuesday, I still haven't heard Anthing from them yet, does everyone definitely get a review ? As I'm panicking now ?.xx

• Posted

Yes everyone is reviewed 1 year before their award is due to end definitely. Maybe you should ring them tomorrow. Post from DWP isn't that reliable in all honesty and if they have wrote to you and you haven't recieved it then your payments will stop eventually. This is because when they write to you for the review they send you a form with it. It's a shortened version of the first time you filled out a form (PIP2) it's very simple to fill in, but if they don't recieve this by the date on the letter they'll stop your payments. The date is usually 1 month, like everything with DWP. I would hate for your payments to stop because you haven't recieved the form. Tuesday's payment should be fine though, i'm sure. Good luck and please do come back and let you know.

• Posted

Thanks for gettin back too me I hope I recieve it soon so I can get it sorted avd be stress free, I'm hoping I still get my payment tomorrow and I have my fingers crossed that I keep getting payments it's a very stressful time when you need roo fill in new forms etc...I'll keep you posted thanks again.

• Posted

Did you ring them to ask? I really would if i were you. Like i said they may have sent you a letter with a form to return. If this has got lost like post often doesn from DWP your payments will soon stop. Scary, so i would ring them for sure.
    • Posted

Hi Denise got a payment today however couldn't get through on the phone and didn't have time too phone them back today I'll give them a call tomorrow I have every thing crossed for myself xx

• Posted

Hi,

Yes i thought you'd have payment today. Good luck when you do ring xx

• Posted

Hi. Just noticed that on my PIP award notice, awarded PIP from March 16 to March 2019. Then it goes on to say that, if your award for PIP has an end date, you"ll be sent a letter around 14 weeks before your award ends. Would this be the form PIP2 if so, why do they say 14 weeks? Hearing 12 months is the norm.

• Posted

If your award is until March 2019 then they'll contact you around March 2018 which is of course next year. They always contact for review 1 year before award ends. The reason i know this is because myself and thousands of others have had the same. It's not a PIP2 they send you for renewal it's a much shortened version of it. It's totally different to the PIP2 form. Relax now you have until March next year before they contact you. Ignore the 14 weeks before because it's nonense. Hope i've helped.

• Posted

Update

Hi Denise received pip review form today 12th off June which was dates the 3rd of June they have given me until the 3rd off July to get this sent back, I've had too contact my local cab office too help me as I need some help on it so they have given me an extension too get it back too them so hives me a couple off weeks too get some info together does every one attend a face too face after sending thr form back too them ? Or does it just depend on the info you have sent back too them on the review ? , I'm so tired ofd worrying that my payments are going too stop it's horrible and it's malong me feel rubbish all the time, I'm going too ask my doc for a summary too be printed too send in with them too see if that enough info will my payments continue until they make another decision? Regards.claire

• Posted

Hi Claire,

To be honest the review forms are very simple to fill in yourself with the need for CAB. I had the review form last year. It's multiple choice of between 3 answers which are..Got better, stayed the same, or worse. All you need to do is tick the box that applies to you. If you got worse for that particular question then tick worse and tell them why you've got worse and how. If you've stayed the same just tick that box. No need for any explanation if you've stayed the same. Evidence must be within the last 2 years, so as much as you can get BUT not future appointment date letters because this isn't classed as evidence. Most people even with reviews are asked to attend another assessment, i had to last year. Only few people manage a paper based decision. The assessment will be exactly like the first one you had. Payments will continue until a decision has been made yes. If the decision doesn't got in your favour then payments will stop regardless of the date of the actual award. If the decision is in your favour they will continue. Good luck and hopefully you're not waiting too long. I know it's a very stressful time but if it's bad news there's the Mandatory Reconsideration then Appeal route. Hope this helps.

• Posted

I had a look at the questions and they look pretty straight forward but I still need help with wording etc, I didn't take any photo copies off my previous paper work on the form and I can't remember word for word what I said I just told them the truth so I suppose that's all I can do again the cab office should have my paperwork photo copied from my previous claim, I'm hoping I don't need too attend another face too face but I know I will, thanks for your adive just wish we didn't need too go through this all the time, may I ask if it's not too personal how long you have been awarded for ? After your review ? X I appreciate your help

• Posted

First of all has your condition changed at all since the last time you had the assessment? You don't really need to know what you wrote on the previous form because the review ones are so different. I was awarded for 4 years with review at 3 years. I went from Standard on both the first time to Standard Daily living and Enhanced mobility. My mobility had got worse so i ticked the worse box for that. I then went on to explain why it had got worse and when. I sent off my evidence to support my claim. The evidence i sent was different to the first time because it stated on the letter they didn't want to see any evidence they seen the first time. The rest of the questions i ticked stayed the same. I didn't add any explanation to these because there was no need. This is the whole purpose of these new style review forms, to not have to write a whole page if there's no change. Good luck.

• Posted

The only thing that's changed Is my medication I also have been dignosed word depression and anxiety but I know they don't ask for new conditions but being dignosed with this has resulted from the pain and stress I've had with my condition tgat I have for the pip, I don't really have new supported evidence because it's basically just back and forth roo my consultant and on the waiting list for my treatmeant,thank you for letting me know about this as I know you've been through it have you been aware for more years now than your previous claim ? I have phoned for an extension now and I have an appointment too get help too fill the form it it does look more easier but I think I do need help filling it in also.

• Posted

One thing to always remember with PIP it's not about a diagnosis, it's how your condition/s affect you daily. Who told you they don't ask for new conditions? That's wrong. If your mental health affects you daily then you should report this to PIP. Of course you'll need evidence too. You say you don't have new supported evidence, you're going to need some sort of evidence for this review. Can you write a diary for a day maybe, or ask someone that knows you really well to write a letter. You'll need these to be based on the descriptors that apply to you of course.

My award this time is for 1 year longer than last time but you really can't compare 2 people. I had very good supporting evidence both times. If you put a mobile number down on the form they'll send you texts to keep you updated. This helps to know what's happening at least. They don't give you the decision through a text message though. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the assessment.

• Posted

I cant remember who told me about having new symptoms but I was told they wouldn't take that into consideration,I'll see if my doctor can give me a summary of my condition ans maybe see If she can write me a letter too say how my symptoms have started due too having my condition,I'll go too my doctor tomorrow too see if they can help I don't really have any other evidence too back this review up as I said it's only appointment letters etc I have I'll see if I can get a summary printed thank your again it's appreciated.

• Posted

No problem, always happy to help. Whoever told you that about a new condition is so wrong! Of course you can tell them about a new condition all you have to do is add it and tick the worse boxes for those things you're worse for. Yes appointment letters are accepted as evidence sadly. Your DR may charge you for anything he/she gives as evidence, although DRs don't usually like to write letters for evidence purposes. Maybe they have something on your records you can have a print out of? Again they may charge you for this. Pleasse do let us know the outcome of any decision that you eventually have.

• Posted

Thank uou for your help it's appreciated I'll see if my doctor surgery can print off a summary off my recent dignosed and see if they can give me that I'll keep you posted on the procees thank you

• Posted

Hi denise just an update, I still haven't heard Anthing back from my review yet, but I sent it away about two weeks ago could you tell me roughly when you hear back from them ? Regarding pip review xx

• Posted

Hi,

2 weeks isn't long at all because it can take up to 10 working days for them to recieve the form. My review last year, i sent the forms off mid August had face 2 face assessment at end of October/begining of November can't remember exactly. Then had decision extremely quickly, just 4 days after assessment. Decision came quickly because i actually had  phone call from decision maker 4 days after assessment asking my just 1 question. At end of call he said thank you i'll be making a decisiion very soon. I rang the following day and a decision had been made. So 3 months in total from the time i sent form back to them. You may be waiting a while yet.

• Posted

Thanks for reply wasn't sure how long reviews took as this is the first, I didn't think two weeks woyld have been long I'm dreading another face too face 😣😣 but I suppose it's got too be done, I'm hoping that it's a quick process so it gets done if you fail a review are you able too appeal it ? Xx

• Posted

Yes you can appeal. First stage of appeal is Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) if this fails (and most do) then it's Tribunal Appeal. Very few people manage a paper based decision for PIP so another assessment is highly likely. If you put your mobile number down on the form they'll text you when they have recieved your form. Then it's more waiting for that mostly likely assessment appointment date. Good luck and please do let us know that outcome.

• Posted

Hi there I have just had a F2F 3days ago for Pips which stopped in June 2017. So I started a new claim. I was surprised to find £48 today from them?? Why?

• Posted

Hi,

I have no idea, sorry. What was the reason it stopped in the first place? Did you not have a review instead of starting a new claim? You should ring them because they're the only ones that can tell why that money went in. Please let us know the outcome of your f2f. Goodluck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.