Pip review

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi

5 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi y'all update on my review process received letter today for a face too face review can anyone help me on the process they use at the reviews ? Questions they ask etc ? Is it just the same as my first face too Face? I'm really stressing about it as it's been a while since I had one and every time it's so nerve racking when you need too sit there again thank you in adance for your support...xx

• Posted

Hi Claire,

Yes it's the same pretty much. I had my review last year and my mobility had got worse so was asked questions about that. Was also asked questions about my day to day life the same as the first assessment. If you have more evidence then is advice to take this if you haven't already sent it in. Even more so if you reported any changes. Good luck and please let us know the outcome x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply never been too a review and I'm so worried everything is pretty much the same apart from I go in for a small op at the end off this month and I've been dignosed few months ago wit anxiety and depression I stated this In the form and also sent in a docs summary too them xx

• Posted

I was very nervous too but the assessor I had was very nice! Just remember not to just answer yes or no, explain everything in as much detail as possible. They will watch you from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. You can ring DWP a day or 2 later to ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with that report, it's rare for them to go against it. Good luck x

• Posted

I know it's very nerve racking lol, bit suppose it's got too be done, I'm getting too the stage now I don't even wanna go because I cant handle the waiting and it's a long journey all the time when you have pip, thank you for your help I appreciate it xx

• Posted

Yes it's very stressful! Is someone going with you? It's always good to take someone who can go into the assessment with you. Don't give up because this is exactly what they want. Foght for what you deserve is what i always advice people. Hopefully your assessment provider will be nice, it does happen believe it or not. I've had 3 assessments over the past 5 years and mine weren't too bad at all. Remember we only hear about the bad stories, very rarely the good ones. Good luck and remember to answer with as much detail as possible, take more evidence if you have it, anything at all that you think will help just take it. Even a letter from someone that knows you well. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a decision. At my review last year i waited just 4 days. I had my assessment on the Monday, Call from Decision Maker on Thursday asking me just 1 question. I rang the following day and a decision had been made. Please come back and let us know the outcome. xx

• Posted

I'm going too take my sister with me but I'm going too go in to the assessment alone I felt better going alone the first time, tbh in don't have more evidence jyet appointment letters stating which my next treatments are but they never want too see those, may I ask but you don't need roo answer as it might not be relevant for this page but what kind off question did they ask ? Does everyone get a phone call from tjrm asking a question? Im absolutely gutted that it's all happening again lol even though I've been through it b4 still gets too you lol xx

• Posted

Yes future appointment letters aren't evidence because they don't really mean anything. If you've reported new conditions that affect you daily then you'll need some evidence to support your claim for this. If your condition has stay the same since the first time you applied then maybe you can take a letter written by yourself.

The sort of questions i was asked wouldn't be relevent to you because we're totally different people. They'll ask you questions based on your condition, so they'll most likely have a copy of the first PIP2 form you filled it (at least at my review the assessor did)

No, not everyone gets a phone call. This will only happen if the decision maker needs to ask a question before making a decision. In my case it was about my mobility, seeing as i had already told them about the changes and when they happened, i feel that the call was to try to trip me up. I had no warning beforehand that they were going to call. I told the truth from the start so i knew how to answer it.

Yes its very stressful and doesn't matter how many times we do it, we still worry but this assessment will be exactly like the first one.

• Posted

Thanks denise I appreciate your help I hope it goes well every day is a struggle as it is lol, I hope I don't get a phone call either although notjing is lies that I tell them thanks again I'll keep u posted xx

• Posted

I have just been reassessed and was dreading it too. The best advice I can give is to look at the descriptor points online.
    • Posted

If you search online for PIP descriptors a list of all the descriptors/points will come up. This is the criteria they use when assessing people. It's based on points scored and you need at least 8 points for standard and 12 points for Enhanced in either daily living and/or Mobility for an award. I'm surprised you dont know what they are because this is your review so you have an award of PIP already.

• Posted

I just didn't understand what poll meant I have pip already just wasn't sure what it meant I already know the points et, I thought yit could go online too see what you scored at a review like an online account that's all, misread the statement poll wrote.

• Posted

Oh i see. No there's no online accounts for PIP or anything from DWP. You can see what you scored at any assessment by asking for a copy of the assessment report a few days later. The decision maker very often goes with what's stated in the report. I know it's a stressful time these reviews but please try to relax because there's nothing you can do until you have the decision. Good luck.

• Posted

I go on Monday anyway hoping I'm in and ou stressing more about this review than the first acessment lol but I'll be strong if you go you self will that go bad against me ? Cause I know they watch uou constant when your in there xx

• Posted

If you're claiming for Mental health/ anxiety and you go to the assessment alone then it may well go against you, yes. If you're not claiming for this then it shouldn't go against you. I don't claim for either of these and i went alone for both PIP assessments and it didn't go against me.

• Posted

Thank you very much, I have anxiety but just been dignosed with that I'm not deep into it so I should be ok pip is for a completely different thing , can I just ask while we are on the subject as my process was different when I was accepted for it, my mum got her ftf 4 weeks ago and received a letter today saying they have everything they need they will be in touch, is that meaning that they have made there decision ? As when I got it I never got a letter first I got a text message telling me I've qualified? Thanks x

• Posted

That letter means what it says they have all the evidence they need and a decision will be made soon. It doesn't mean a decision has been made yet but letters can take 7 days to get to us so a decision may well have been made by now.

I don't understand how you said you recieved a text message saying you've qualified. They never ever send decisions through text message. They send texts saying exactly what your mum's recieved in that letter but never decisions. If a claimant has put a mobile number down on the form then DWP will text that person throughout the claim. If they haven't put a mobile number down they'll send them a letter instead. Your mum can ring and ask if a decision has been made, if it has they'll tell her over the phone. Otherwise she can wait until they send her the decision in a letter.

• Posted

OK that's great thank you, when I first got pip they sent me a text message saying we have decided you qualify for pip a payment will be made into the account you have given us within two weeks, then after getting the text message a got a letter with my rates etc two days later, the texts can happend obviously everyone case Is different I defo got a text first then a letter with a decision that's how I was asking about the letter my mum got as i got a text first, all so confusing haa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.