Pip review

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi

5 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Really anxious tonight I have my review tomorrow and I'm so not looking forward to it If it dosent go In my favour will I continue too get a 4 week run on ? Can I appeal a review also ? Thank youu..x

• Posted

Remember not to answer with just a yes or no, give as much detail as possible. Yes you'll get a 4 week run on because PIP is paid in arrears. Yes of cause you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. In a few days time ring DWP PIP and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision will be because they mostly go with what's stated on the report. This assessment will be exactly like the first one. The only thing different about a review is the form you fill in, everything else is the same. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you denise not slept all night even though I've been through ir thank you for your help xx

• Posted

No problem. Yes i know that feeling, everyone is nervous before these appointments. Thankfully it will all be over soon. If i were you i'd ring the assessment providers before you leave home, because they have a habbit of canceling appointments at the last minute, or ringing claimants when they've already left home.

• Posted

Been too assessment today,waited half an hour after my time too get taken when there where people coming in after me thought they forgt about me lol, bit assessor was just running late I got a male which i was a bit wary about as I feel like I can't tell the personal stuff bit I did it and I told them every thing the asked me, was different from first assessment as you said, but felt different this time, anyway just a waiting game now got a feeling b4 a went in I was getting a male a got one lol and now I've got a feeling it didn't go well and I've failed but we'll see thanks again for you help xx

• Posted

Just ring for a copy of the assessment report in a few days time, this will tell you either way how it went. Hopefully for you it went well. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.
    • Posted

I was going too do that but u thibk it might make me worse if I ask for them too send it out,but I might just phone them on Thursday thank you denise, can I just ask while on my post as dont want too start a new feed lol, my mum went for her ftf over 6 weeks ago, she recieved a payment unto her bank account today, and it just said dwp on it she's not received a letter or anything yet not even a text too say sshe's been accepted for pip yet,but by this payment it looks like she has been ? What do you think ? I know your helpful with this stuff,also if it is the pip that's paid her as I'm assuming it is, will she get any other help as she's on esa atm but returning yoo work in November will she get anything ontop off her esa ? Thank you in advance.......xx

• Posted

Asking for a copy of the assessment report will help if you need to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration.

As for you mums PIP then like i said before they never ever send decisions through a text message! Very often a payment will show in a bank before the decision letter arrives. I would advice she ring DWP PIP tomorrow to ask what the decision is. Any other help she maybe entitled to totally depends on what award of PIP she has, who she lives with and whether she claims Income based ESA or Contribution Based ESA. If she worked for any length of time before she started her ESA cvlaim then it's likely she's claiming Contribution Based ESA.

So questions are....what PIP award does she have?

Income based or Contribution based ESA?

Does she live alone or with a partner? If with partner does the partner work? I can't help without knowing any of these answers.

• Posted

She is still employed just now but not receiving a wage she is claming esa which Is 140 per fornight? We have no idea what rate off pip is as we haven't heard from them yet but as I said she's received money into her bank today and by the amount it's looking like it's pip, until we get the letter then we don't know thr rate,she is married and lives with my dad he works but he's on a low income, by the amout that's went into her bank account it looks like back dated money from when we applied for the pip that's all thr info I can go on just now x

• Posted

OK so she's claiming Contribution based ESA. She's claiming this because she worked and paid enough of National Insurance Contributions in the last 2 tax years. As she lives with her husband and he works, even though he's on low income this wouldn't matter, it's still income. Being on Contribution based ESA would mean that she wouldn't qualify for any of the premiums with ESA whatever rate of PIP she's awarded. To qualify for the premiums with ESA you need to be claiming Income related. She wouldn't qualify for this because of your dads income reguardless of how low it is.

Also another thing to remember is that unless she's placed in the Support Group her ESA will stop after 365 days (1 year) if she's placed in the support group then it would continue for as long as she's in the group. This is because she's claiming Contribution Based.

Yes PIP is backdated to the date you first applied UNLESS you're transfering from DLA and then there's no back dated money. Hope this helps.

• Posted

You've been great thank you I wasn't sure because she's on esa If she would get the disability element off it I've never been on it so I wasn't sure how it woeked it'sself out yes I'm aware It ends within that year she's only been getting it a few months I'm sure, by the sounds off thing it looks like she's been awarded the pip as there's no other dwp payments coming through her account apart from esa and that's just her normal pay every two weeks, I'm hoping we get the letter soon so she knows her rates and dates etc so we can get things rolling, thanks ever so much for your help I'll be back soon no doubt with my resuts fingers crossed I get a good review , thank you again.

• Posted

Sadly no disability elements will be given. No problems to advice anyone. It's getting rather difficult to find posts on this ever lasting thread though lol

• Posted

Received letter from dwp we have received rates and dates on this, as you've advices me about the element on esa then, I'll not need too look into it for her I appreciate your help, I thought it would be easier on here replying for ya than starting a new post lmao xx 😂😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.