Pip review

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi

5 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I claim pips in jan 2016 I’ve not had a review letter yet and I can remember my letter said review 2018 should I contact dwp 
  • Posted

Hi

Thank you in advance for your help. I got a 25 year old disable son. He is getting ESA and PIP. His papers at the moment are in the home office as his visa ended on the 12 of February 2018. He's been granted a two and a half year visa. Before yesterday he got his ESA but not the right amount it was a bit less than he was getting. I called today they said because PIP notified them that his visa ended they won't be able to continue supporting with his benefit. The lady from ERA said they will continue giving but not the right amount and she advise me to call PIP as they are who atop now his benefit. A year ago they called me saying he should apply for his visa. In Nov 2017 PIP sent me a new application saying that I should complete for my son. I took it to the job centre but it seems that they will stop his PIP. Sure while his papers are in process the shouldn't stop his benefit?. I did call PIP a month ago and they already told me they will but I was praying they wouldn't. They said they will until home office sent his papers back. What can I do? It's right they should stop his PIP?. My son still need it for his expenses as going to hospitals appointments food top up his rent etc. Could you advise me please what can I do?

Many many thanks for your help.

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi,

It would have been much better if you had started your own thread, rather than ask a question on the end of this one. Posting this way you will get less replies and your questions could have been missed.

Unfortunately because his visa ended on 12 Feb 2018 then yes, all of his benefits will stop. Once everything has been sorted then they start to pay him again. Good luck.

• Posted

I was awarded PIP enhanced both in 2016 award ends 19th May 2019. Do you know what date my review from will arrive, as I am away 29th april to 11th May this year. If my form arrives when I am away, how do I phone to ask for an extension to fill it in. Do they check Facebook and whatsapp. My FB name is not my official name that DWP have and they do not have my mobile phone number. Thanks Joan
    • Posted

Hi Joan,

It would have been better to have started your own post with this question. Posting a question on the end of a thread that's extremely long like this one, it could have been missed.

Review forms are sent to you 1 year before your award is due to end, so it will be around 19th give or take that you'll receive the form.

If it arrives while you're away then how will you know it's arrived? Unless you have someone that checks and opens your mail. If it does arrive in that time then you have 1 month to return it along with all your evidence. This will give you plenty of time to ring and ask for the extra time. They will give you a maximum 14 days, they can sometimes give longer depending on your reasons for wanting it. I'd advice you to start to gather all your evidence now as you won't have much time once you receive those forms, especially as you're away on holiday.

They don't check social media and i'm not sure why you think they would, at least not for this reason. It's possible they check if they suspect someone is commiting fraud but otherwise no.

Expect to have another assessment as it's rare not to even with a review. The process this time is exactly the same as the first time you applied. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Claire I've read some of your replies to other people on this forum regarding the 14 week notification on a Pip renewal where as you state that this should be ignored as claimants are notified 12 months before but after a tribunal decision in August 2016 in which they awarded me the enhanced rate of mobility and standard of daily living component until August 2018 but I still havent heard anything from the DWP surely they cant just stop the benefit without notifying me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.