PIP tribunal hearing next month for anxiety and depression- any advice as I'm scared?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have a PIP tribunal hearing next month for anxiety and depression- any advice as I'm scared?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How long did it take for your mandatory reconsideration? And to get your date for tribunal? Don't just tell them show them how it affects you. I've got bipolar nd anxiety mine is going through MR now but I've sent further info too so hopefully not long til I hear something X

• Posted

Hi,

The main problem with anxiety/depression is that they are "invisible" disabilities. Therefore you cannot be assessed by the time it takes to move around, nor what you can pick up or how far you can turn your body.

You must have a good case and back up evidence from your GP, councillor and any other professional body, ie cab.to support your case. Don't turn up with a lary mate or bad mouth anyone, turn up as you, frightened, confused and anxious as anyone who has anxiety/depression suffers from.

If you lose your case but are sure of your state of mind you can appeal.

• Posted

Hi Sweepie3 hope things go well for u I no its scary but what I have been told there are alot better to see. How long was it when u sent your letter off. When u went to the medical did u get a letter or phone call to say u never got it ?
  • Posted

They are really nice

But are trained to catch you out

Just make sure you tell them as if it is your worsest day

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Bob35242 you are right about them trying to find u out but like me I have good days my bad days are ....... bad lucky for me I was having I really bad day when I had to go but it's like u are telling lies

• Posted

Just make sure you tell them as if it is your worsest day...... on the basis that your very worst day is like that every day????

I've not met anybody that doesn't have some level of respite and that over a period of time there are bad days, good days and some that are in between.

Allowing the DWP to believe that every day is like your worst day only goes to exaggerate what your difficulties are - that could well be said to be attempting to carry out benefit fraud.

You should describe a range of days where some are good, some not so good and some that are totally disabling.

• Posted

lucky for me I was having I really bad day when I had to go....

presumably you would consider yourself unlucky if on the day of the assessment you were, God forbid, having a good day??

• Posted

Yeah I know what your saying thats right but what I ment by that was that you must tell them what your worst day is like at its worst don't just go on how your feeling in the day that day

But you put it alot better

But of course you must be honest as you will get no where as they are trained to read right through nonsense but I'm sure most are geniune

• Posted

But of course you must be honest as you will get no where as they are trained to read right through nonsense but I'm sure most are geniune

I would hope so.

It's totally unfair on those that are not awarded anything after giving full details of how their disability affects them over a range of days/weeks if an award is given to those that allow the assessor or DWP to believe that every day is a 'worst day'.

• Posted

Hi less59996 I then I was lucky I got a padamedic and he was good when he was reading my report he was just asking me my simtims. I have a stimulate fitted and go up my spine but the nerve pain is out of this world he d'not do much to just ask me to mover my toes and put my up and down which I c'not do I ask him if he was going to do my reflect in my leg he said no way am I going to do that coz it could damage your back and that was it

• Posted

Les if the bad days are more than 50% of the time then the claimant is perfectly entitled to use this as the standard for their life.

If it is less than 50% then claimant should make this known to the assessor.

• Posted

Only advice I can give you is to just be honest with them tell them how it affects you and see if you can take somebody with you I was very anxious when I went for mine but the panel wasn't as bad as I thought and the judge was very kind and let me have a break as well

• Posted

I two have anxiety and Deproshon scored 2 from atose that's after have a life award from Dla and Being on Dla for 20 years I have a career and I had a suporteing letter from my gp I cannot go out anywere without my career cooks for me as l have Burnt myself when cooking Haveing a panick attack anyway had a mandatory reconsiderashon got 11 points so the middle rate off pip it's still £25. A week lease than Dla so your still ill But lease money 

• Posted

Do you mean CARER ...reason i ask is i use software (a computer) to read as registerd blind and the typing errors are playing havoc with it .....sorry notbeing the spelling police....its typos make this thing sound like a speak and spell trying to sing a rap song!!

Anyway the descriptors ...if you are a risk to yourself or others and can not cook a meal SAFELY ,REPATATIVLY, WITHOUT ISSUE OR INNCIDENT ...then under the eyes of the law you should have gained the points for this amongst other things

Oh and DLA has 3 rates of CARE (£22 low)-(£55 middle)-(84 high)

PIP only has two for CARE (57 Low)-(85 High)

Mobility still only has two parts

Hope that helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.