Plantar fasciitis

Posted , 12 users are following.

Okay so I was just told I have Plantar fasciitis and I'm so sad about this I have sports and things I do. This isn't fair but now I have to stop playing volleyball. Also I have to get a steroid shot in my foot

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can still play when you get things calmed down, you just have to get the right supportive footwear.  Roll a frozen golf ball under your foot or iced water bottle which will reduce the inflammation.  Lots of things you can do.  good luck.
  • Posted

I would advise great caution - I'm a golfer and carried on in competition after my plantar fasciitis injury - I used supportive insoles - I badly injured my foot and a year later I'm still having issues - I've done all the excercises and taken all the anti inflamatories !! So - just rest or u could do extra damage like I did !! The old saying more haste less speed !! I so wish I had rested my foot it probably would have been fixed six months earlier !!! Good luck u have my sympathy it's just the Pitts !! Keep stretching it out and massage is great !!
    • Posted

Have you by chance been taking Statins? They can cause Plantar.
    • Posted

Is that proven or just a thought.  I know statins cause some awful side effects but that is the first time I have heard this one.
    • Posted

You can Google the connection.

It did happen to someone I know and he was dubious at first.

• Posted

i also have plantar fasciitis i also have had the injection. the injection was rather weird but virtually painless my consultant was amazing. i think it has helped but have fibromyalgia which also gives me pain. i would give it a try if you have confidence in your consultant. good luck
  • Posted

Me 2,4 days ago.I agree with the 2 ppl who have replied 2 u already having spoken to a retired NHS OT manager.Things could b so much worse but u want 2 give urself the best chance of a swift n complete recovery-think of the long game.Ur foot/feet needs rest n support n antiinflammatorys now to recover n prevent any damage. Know it's a nuisance-I'm not sporty but I do walk a lot not being a driver and in my job so it will affect my lifestyle.Good luck-let m know how u r getting on
  • Posted

That injection might work temporarily

But stretching will work in the long run

Also rolling a frozen water bottle

My podiatrist told me expect 7 to 8 to heal

Which is about right but I still have PF due to a bad ankle if I work to hard

I don't think it ever goes away entirely

• Posted

Doc said 7 to 8 weeks

I have a bad ankle so mine comes and goes, if I don't work I'm fine

But being a carpet layer now the ankle is sore every day and a little PF

I'm learning to live with it

I think everyone is different on long it will heal

• Posted

-Thanks for your reply-if only it wasn't for work eh-I could rest my foot a lot more- I have a bit of stair climbing in my job although I am trying to reduce the amount I walk where possible
    • Posted

You can use the stairs as a advantage since some of the streches involve a stair case to strech your calves which is suppose to help PF
    • Posted

O really-surprised to hear that-thanks-I've been trying to reduce the amount of stair usage
    • Posted

On your toes on the edge of a stair lower your heals for ten seconds

Repeat 10 times until your calfs are streched

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.