plantar fasciitis for 3 weeks now! 😢

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm in such horrendous pain both day and night with a throbbing foot. I've had 2 injections in my right foot over the last year and has worked well but it's come back alot sooner this time and I'm not allowed another injection yet. I'm on pain killers and strapping my foot daily with no positive change. I'm at my wits end doing exercises daily and pointless going to the docs. Any helpers???

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Zoe,

I was just listening to a presentation that talked about the questions around injections and how, if they do work, it is usually short term.  

I'd really encourage you to ask your doctor/podiatrist about EPAT (Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology)--sometimes referred to as ESWT or shockwave therapy.  It works. It's effective. It's non-invasive and no anesthesia is required. 3-5 treatments, once per week. And each treatment is only about 10 minutes.

It is worth every penny and will get you better faster.  If your doctor doesn't offer if or hasn't heard of it, try to find someone else who offers this innovative approach to dealing with heel pain.

Wishing you all the best!

• Posted

I'm I shall make an appointment with my gp to see if he knows about it. I will try anything to help as the pain is just to much now.

Many thanks

Zoe

• Posted

Yours may be different but, unfortunately, a lot of GPs aren't familiar with the technology. Maybe in addition to asking him/her, try calling some local podiatrists and asking if they offer "EPAT" or "shockwave."

Fingers crossed! Hope you'll keep me posted.

• Posted

Try a cheap tens machine off ebay first. I use one on my legs as foot pain for me now is more like lower limb pain. Aching calfs and shins even tho i restrict my time on my feet. Pain killers help and i on ropinirole at the mo but im questioning it at the mo seems useless

• Posted

I've had that painful condition twice in my life and you feel like you want to walk on tiptoes instead of feeling the pain.  Anyway, it DID gradually go away (1 month) I stretched my calf muscles every day - as much as I could and that helped.

Injections I DID have but they were only temporary.

• Posted

I've slept with my foot strapped flat lastnight which has helped abit. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the Scholl foot/heel inserts??

I live on pain killers as I've had operations on my feet for minions so pain relief is an every day occurance for me. Please take this awful pain away, it's like I've broke my heel bone but my calf hurts now my thigh!!! Arghhhh

My foot burns and throbs aswell and when I sit down it hurts aswell??? Where is the relief? Not or cold pads ???

• Posted

I find cold relief helps with elevated feet..... Not easy is it, good luck

• Posted

Ohh dear it seems to be getting worse that now I have a feeling of a pulled muscle in my calf and my Achilles heel??? What's going on??

• Posted

Get heel cups, stretch your foot 7 times a day using a towel/belt/stretch band - put it around the ball of foot with the leg out straight and pull towards you.

Freeze a bottle of water and then roll your arch and heel over it multiple times a day.  I hate feet.

• Posted

Hi Zoe,

That sounds miserable!  Sadly, if you're suffering from chronic pain, it's probably the tissue that needs attention and help healing.  Stretching, ice, nsaids or rest may not get you there if the tissue or PF is significantly damaged.

Have you had any luck researching EPAT or podiatrists in your area?  

EPAT is based on a unique set of acoustic pressure waves that stimulate the metabolism, enhance blood circulation, and accelerate the healing process.

I hope you can find someone in your area who offers it.

• Posted

I'm doing my best to rest but not great when you have a job and children lol.

I am also exercising aswell e.g. stretches strapping etc

I'm waiting on a reply about EPAT aswell.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my email. ?

• Posted

I can totally relate! I have kids and a full time job.  There's no time to be sick or in pain and off our feet.

Let me know when you hear back.  Also, sadly, EPAT is a like a super secret and many don't know about it or have misinformation.  Call around to a few places to get info.

• Posted

OMG!!!

It cost £600 for a 3 course session, I won't be able to afford that sadly.

Any other ideas??

• Posted

I know that's a lot but if it means getting rid of your pain and getting you back to work and kids, it might be worth it.  Maybe you can have a conversation with the doctor you find and ask if there's a way to pay for it over time.

The awful thing would be if you left the problem for too long, it got worse, and then you had to go the surgery route.

In the end, it is your call, but I'd really recommend checking it out.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.