Plantar Fascitis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Had this for 4 months now in my right foot and it's getting worse, it's now affecting my toes too and I'm in constant pain, try to elevate and been rolling my foot over a can, putting gel on it etc to no avail.  It's taken over my life as I can't go out for long.   Has anyone got any advice for me?  It would be very much appreciated.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Chris

I think I said earlier that PF can affect different people in different ways and all suggested treatments  vary from person to person. My PF flareups last from two days to six weeks but others experience them for longer periods of time.

With a really bad session I find it almost impossible to walk - the 1000 volt shooting pain when the heel hits the ground is too much to take. Also when it is bad, any exercise even moving your toes is too painful. If you can manage it, stretch a piece of fabic or bandage under your toes and with a straight leg, gently pull your foot upwards and hold for 30 seconds, repeating as much as possible.

I found Naproxen very good but for others this does not seem to work.

A year ago in Calcutta I was staying in a ramshackle boarding house on the top floor up a long flight of very steep steps when PF struck. No phone of course so I was marooned there for four days with only water and a packet of dried fruit. Fortunately there was a TV and wetroom and boy when I finally made it downstairs did that omellete, tea and toast, and banana taste good!!

Yes, all the doctor will do is pat you on the head, say rest and give you a precription for something - no real longterm look or solution to the problem.

Perhaps I should have seen a doc in India, they might have been more helpful!

• Posted

Hi Chris,

My partner has suffered with PF for 3 years now. He has had 2 injections, physio which included light treatment and was also told to wear Ktape. Out of everything he had the only one that gave him relief was the Ktape and that was only slight relief.  His doctor has now referred him for surgery to have a procedure called plantar fasciitis release. They put a small cut in the tendon to help it stretch. It is a day procedure but 2/3 weeks recovery. Not sure how long he will have to wait for the surgery but hopefully when he has it he will be pain free again. Has no one else had this procedure or been offered it?

• Posted

Hi are you sure you have Fibro?  they diagnosed that with me too, then undiagnosed me....(can't win).  I had the PF for two years, I had PRP treatmenenst twice and nerve ablation so far I am 98% pain free.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.