Plasma Button Vaporization

Posted , 14 users are following.

I've been reading posts form all of you men about your recoveries from your various prostate surgeries and it seems that we are all experiencing the same recovery issues in varying degrees. My main issue has been a weak but steady urine stream starting two days after my catheter was removed. I saw my urologist today (5 weeks post surgery) and he told me the weak stream is common due to swelling within the prostate because of the surgery. Regarding the retrograde ejaculations, I am noticing less and less semen as I heal. Once again, it is a swelling issue. As the swelling subsides more of it is able to flow backward into my bladder. Again, normal. So, I'm happy with my recovery. Be patient, guys.....it takes time.

1 like, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for your information. it is just over 4 weeks since my TURP. I will see my oncologist 5 weeks after the procedure. I am also notincing variation in my flow and also that it tends to squirt in diffferent directions and often one last squirt after I think I have finished. If ind that if i have been siiting for and extended time when I do walk I often get an urge to relelease immediately;That seems to support what you are expeiencing. If I am going out I often insert a pad iny my jocks as a precaution. My oncologist did tell me that I will probably ejaculate back into my bladder which has happened but the orgasm was just as intense. I am not sure if this will change. I have also started piletes to help strengthen my core,..The best part of my recovery is being able to sleep for 4-5 hours wihout having to urinate. when I do have to go I tend to get a good flow and can return to sleep immediately
    • Posted

I have had no problem at all with leakage. My urologist explained that with plasma button the after surgery issues are minimalized and after reading comments from guys who had TURP I definitely believe him. No leakage, no pain meds, minimal spasms.....the only thing that I really can identify with is the bleeding and that lasted for almost three weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.