Please advise

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello I am a healthy female age 45. I donated my kidney in around 2010. I have never smoked or consumed alcohol and lived on mainly fruit and veg diet. Though I had a few years of extremely stressful phase in my life. For past few years I have been feeling nauseous in the morning and put it down to stress and drank more water and it used to help. I have my kidney function checked every year. For past few months I would start to have heart burn after few cups of tea which i have now given up. Around in November 2019 all of sudden one day I had very frightening experience and I didn't understand what was it. I had also been having breathing problems so had an asthma test which was inconclusive. The asthma inhaler didn't help. I have also been having hives, dry skin rashes out of nowhere. Now my main concern is I have not been able to eat solid food and even taking tablets or capsule is so frightening that it gets stuck in my food pipe. My h pylori test was negative. My blood test was all ok. My chest x ray was clear. Doctor gave me omepazarole and i couldn't take them after 7 days due to causing nausea and bleeding in stools. Im content to make all changes in my lifestyle which I have done. I have bought a wedged pillow incase its acid reflux damage to my foodpipe. I m having an endoscopy in Mid February 2020 but the wait is so painful. I have a 5 year old to look after and im dreading if i require surgery who would look after my poor child. Im praying to God that it wont come to this. I cant live on runny porridge and shakes for the rest of my life. is esophagul stricture easy to heal. I would do anything to get better. I am afraid of surgery but would like my child to bit be older.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you tried a food diary to see if you have food intolerances? Your endoscopy is the best chance you have of finding out what is wrong. Don't think too far ahead about the possibility of surgery because you don't know whether this will happen or not. Don't give yourself extra things to worry about. Take one step at a time. The process of diagnosis, treatment and recovery can be slow. It all takes time, but with your doctor's help, you will get there

Don't worry about not being able to swallow. tablets; I can't either. Only small capsules or the soft jelly like ones are suitable. If I have to take the round, harder type, I have to soften them in water and even then I have to break them up very small and drink huge amounts of water to try get them down. With all these workarounds, they still trap in my throat and I have to cough them up to get relief.

• Posted

now....anxiety can have and probably have major impact on your condition. do not relate everything with your condition. try to relax your mind and you will have to wait for the scope to be done....it could be simply gerd and stress ...and worries... i am certain its more emotional then physical....

i will pray for you as sugested and i really hope that you fan overcome this difficult time.

meanwhile...relax...and try ...try to ease your mind and smile....

thank you

• Posted

Thank you alot all of you. I really appreciate your reply and empathies and prayers. Its so kind. I pray for all of you too to have good health and enjoy your lives. I am mainly living on dairy products yogerts, kieffer, milk, porridge etc I have never had any problems from milk. I am not sure how to start with dairy free diet. Are there any tests to check dairy intolerance or is it just trial and error.

• Posted

EdEire thanks May God bless you too and remove all your worries.x

• Posted

Hi i say my prayers for you , have you had your vitamin levels checked , including vitamin D , as low levels can cause these symptoms . Including the hives you speak of , plus much more . Please request to have yours checked , i bet yours is low

• Posted

vicky 60921 My blood tests were okay. I will mention this to my doctor as im going back to see them regarding not being able to take pills. I have always been taking multi vitamins.

• Posted

Unfortunately the vitamin D test isnt in in the protocol , you must request it . If your levels are low like it sounds ,there isnt enough in muti vitamins to replenish ... Keep us update on your results

• Posted

If you are prescribed pills, ask if there are soluable versions of the medication.

• Posted

Hi Pippa I am going back to the doctor this Wednesday will be asking for vit d and b12 test. what surprises me is that the doctor is aware of my esophageul issue and had prescribed omeparazole which i had to stop. Few days ago I asked for a stool softener to be changed as they have been prescribing fybogel (orange flavour). i remember now that drinking fybogel used to give me acid reflux. Im hoping they come up with some better alternative. By the way tried dissolving my multi vitamin tablet and dulco ease gel based capsule when I drunk it was extremely bitter made me feel like throwing up. I cant even swallow smaller capsules such as dulco ease anymore. Thanks for your reply lovely girl.x

• Posted

Tablets can be a nightmare. I have found some tablets can taste very nasty when you try to dissolve them too. It's a catch 22. My throat goes into spasms and thinks there is a foreign agent there and tries to expel it. All my workarounds to trick my throat into swallowing tablets are becoming problematic and don't always work so I have to buy a softer, differently shaped variety; capsules tend to be better. Good luck with the doctor.

• Posted

Hi pippa if you don't mind sharing what does your swallowing difficulties relate to? did you have acid reflux history or did it just come from nowhere. I have never noticed heart burn except occasionally. I have been having breathing difficulties this and nausea made me think something was wrong. I have noticed pain under my ribs in particular the left side when i lie down and bending over. Have you had an endoscopy? would i be able to look after my 5 year old soon after the procedure. yesterday I read about a book called acid watcher by Aviv i will share my thoughts when it arrives.

• Posted

I think I have a very strong gag reflex because I can't tolerate dental X Rays either and I have arranged to have it done using a different method. Sometimes I gag on fatty meat such as bacon if the fat is still soft. I have had chronic acid reflux for years which also caused me to have trouble digesting oily foods. This has got a lot better but I still find occasionally the oil from some foods lies in my stomach for hours and can make me vomit.Sometimes, drinking milk helps to dissolve the oil before it makes me ill.

I had an endoscopy years ago but it showed nothing. All that was suggested was a weak oesophageal sphincter that was opening when it shouldn't and letting the acid spew out. I was physically fit to do anything after the endoscopy and was too energetic to rest although I had had sedation. My major problem was I was allergic to the drugs they gave me and I got severe depression in less than 24 hours after the procedure. It took me three weeks to recover from the reaction.

Maybe you have gastritis or reflux.

• Posted

Thanks Pippa. I have ordered a book acid watcher diet by aviv I am so confused that everywhere on YouTube and net says that the actual problem is caused by lack of acid which makes sphincter to stay open so I tried betaine HCl but it didn't resolve the issue of the food sitting in my lower food pipe. I only take digestive enzymes to help with digestion. I feel now the upper part of my esophagus has also started to play up. I will keep praying for myself you and everyone who is unwell.

• Posted

I wouldn't rely on the internet to give you answers on whether you have too much or too little acid You are better off asking your doctor who will give you an accurate explanation of what is going on.The internet doesn't take account of individual circumstances; it is too general. Everyone's reason for reflux will vary. The way I deal with it is to avoid trigger foods that are acidic or too oily and to take antacids and milk It is very much trial and error. Avoiding anything rich, fatty or spicy really helps reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.