Please advise

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello I am a healthy female age 45. I donated my kidney in around 2010. I have never smoked or consumed alcohol and lived on mainly fruit and veg diet. Though I had a few years of extremely stressful phase in my life. For past few years I have been feeling nauseous in the morning and put it down to stress and drank more water and it used to help. I have my kidney function checked every year. For past few months I would start to have heart burn after few cups of tea which i have now given up. Around in November 2019 all of sudden one day I had very frightening experience and I didn't understand what was it. I had also been having breathing problems so had an asthma test which was inconclusive. The asthma inhaler didn't help. I have also been having hives, dry skin rashes out of nowhere. Now my main concern is I have not been able to eat solid food and even taking tablets or capsule is so frightening that it gets stuck in my food pipe. My h pylori test was negative. My blood test was all ok. My chest x ray was clear. Doctor gave me omepazarole and i couldn't take them after 7 days due to causing nausea and bleeding in stools. Im content to make all changes in my lifestyle which I have done. I have bought a wedged pillow incase its acid reflux damage to my foodpipe. I m having an endoscopy in Mid February 2020 but the wait is so painful. I have a 5 year old to look after and im dreading if i require surgery who would look after my poor child. Im praying to God that it wont come to this. I cant live on runny porridge and shakes for the rest of my life. is esophagul stricture easy to heal. I would do anything to get better. I am afraid of surgery but would like my child to bit be older.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi aniiiila127

You mentioned you were vegetarian. It is well documented that vegetarians lack B12 vitamin. Low levels can cause skin problems and anxiety also digestive problems. Tell your doc you were/are vegetarian and ask for you B12 levels to be checked. What was the odd experience you had you didn't explain in your post...

• Posted

mary 19068 that's a very good point. I haven't been a vegetarian as such but haven not consumed meat regularly because I was advised not to eat meat because It can affect your kidney function. So that's why always preferred fruit and veg. I have always taken multivitamin to ensure I get my daily recommended allowance though. Saying this when one has digestive issues their body fails to absorb nutrients. Please pray for me and I pray for everyone to have a great health and overcome all their hardships.xx

• Posted

Bust your mutivitamin up and put it under your tongue , you can get it through your membranes .

• Posted

Hi aniiiiila727

If you are not absorbing B12 you can get B12 patches online or sublingual supplements, if you are low on B12 then doctor can give you B12 injections. Speak with your doctor about it as B12 is essential for good digestive health and health overall along with vit D. I will most certainly pray for you and others.....

• Posted

Thanks Mary I surely will get my vit D and B12 levels checked. I have been taking hair nails and skin vitamins for years recently switched to centrum advance a-z. May God bless you with good health and remove all your worries. It brings tears to my eyes to see how people we don't know personally can be so kind to eachother. xx

• Posted

Ho aniiiiila727

The forum sure is a good channel to help others. Hope all goes well with doc...keep us posted🙏👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.