please assist really feel alone and confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

tasana 55177

Greetings all. I was diagnosed with sinus thrombosis 3 months ago. It started with server headache going into my neck. Was firstly mis diagnosed by my GP as migraine causing spasms in my neck. By the 5rh day I got my first seizure in the evening at around 8om and another 2 thereafter. That's when further test were done and I was diagnosed. I have alot of fear regarding seizures am in Phnyton 100mg x 3 tablets a day and Keppra 250mg at night and 250mg Morning. Please advise anyone with this condition did the seizures stop once the clot dissolved. I take Warfrin as well. Please help

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi tasana, 

I never had the seizures so I can't help you on that end. I do know there are people in this forum that have had seizures associated with their thrombosis though. My thrombosis was discovered after a severe headache lasting 3 days followed by nausea. My doctor sent me for an MRI where the clot was discovered. I spent the next week in the hospital on the stroke ward where they kept a VERY strong eye on me. Thankfully the clot was caught in time and the only thing I suffer from now are chronic headaches (small enough but controlled by medication). My clot was a full blockage of the juggular and took 18 months to dissolve. I also still have tenderness behind my right ear (where the clot was). I currently take gabapentin and topiramate for the headaches. Again, I wish I could help regarding the seizures, but if you have any other questions, I can try to help with those. It's been 4 years since mine. 

• Posted

Hi Tiger trust you are well? I would like to ask once you had your MRI and were cleared of your clot was there any indication of scar tissue. They called it residue evidence on the report, which is just another interpretation of scar tissue?
    • Posted

Hi Tasana, yes I am well. Thank you for asking. To answer your question, yes, there is residual evidence of scar tissue in the area where the clot was. I have asked my neurologist about this and she has said that the scar tissue is likely there to stay. Since my condition is so rare (she only has a handful of patients with the same thing) she really doesn't know what to expect from each of us or how medications will affect us. 

• Posted

Thanks Tiger. I'm just worried that with the scar tissue been there it won't give me a problem as I had seizures in the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital when I was diagnosed and have had any more seizures Praise God as I really fear them . I'm really hoping the scar tissue doesn't affect that so I can come off the seizure meds

• Posted

Your welcome. I wish I could help regarding the seizures but since I haven't experienced them, I can't. I can tell you that we have tried to reduce my gabapetin several times without any luck. My head just doesn't seem to like the lower dose. However, I am on a lower dose than I was a year ago. I have upped my weight training and workout level and I have a feeling that may have something to do with it so I'm really not worried (and neither is my doctor). I see her again in January so we will probably discuss another game plan. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.