Please don’t give up on it

Posted , 19 users are following.

I just want to tell everyone to give this medicine 12 weeks unless you absolutely cannot tolerate the side effects. It takes so long to see improvement, and for many weeks you feel worse.  I felt awful for at least 8-9 weeks, with little improvement.  Now in week 11, I definitely see improvement.  Yesterday I worked half a day, and then went to 2 appointments.  Normally I would have been an angry, irritable mess.  I probably would have canceled something, but I went and after I was like I know this is working because even a few days earlier I would not have been able to do all of that and still feel ok.  So my advice is to please give it 12 weeks before quitting. 

4 likes, 104 replies

104 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Stacy was this the first med you was on?  Did you use any other medicine during the first 12 weeks.  To help during the rough days.
    • Posted

Hi Sunny,

The first one this Dr gave me was Zoloft (Sertraline,) but the anxiety was so bad, I couldn’t tolerate it even taking Xanax.  I switched to Prozac in about week 5.  I really didn’t think it was going to work for me, it took so long, but it does work.  I took 1/2 Xanax every other day to deal with the increased anxiety, some people need it every day.  After 12 weeks the anxiety got better and better, and now I don’t need the Xanax.  During the first 12 weeks, I tried to keep busy any way possible, I walked a lot.  I know it’s very hard.

• Posted

Went to Dr. he perscribed Risperidone very low dose and Klonapin as needed. Im a fraid to take them.
    • Posted

Hi Sunny,

i still have bad anxiety at 40 days in. Still need to take a .25 Klonopin in am

• Posted

Hi....Lynnn sorry to hear that. I tride the new med Risperidine didnt like it. All it did was make me sleepy. So after three days desided not to take it. Im at week 9 and im nothing has really change. My anxiety is still their one day its bad can't sit still. Have to be doing something. Next day my head feel like it never really wakes up.Have no motivation to do anything. This sucks!😞 I go see the Dr. next week. Living one day at a time

• Posted

I am taking Trazodone 50mgs for sleep it works wonders, but realized a side effect can be low blood pressure especially when taking high blood pressure Meds. I am going to wean down to 25 for a week then off. Back to melatonin and treadmill at the gym. I felt a little less anxiety as the day went on. I am weaning of Klonopin took a quarter of  a .50 pill this morning. I get so worried about getting addicted to Meds other than the 20mg Fluoxetine I have to be on.
    • Posted

I know what u mean about being scare of getting addicted. Today i took 1/2 of .5 klonopin and it did nothing for me. I even went for a walk did not help. My anxiety has been on high since this morning and nothing seems to help.
    • Posted

I have been the same today. I felt so much better Tuesday and Sunday. I am only at 5 weeks 3 days. I hope I feel better soon. I know it can take 12 weeks but I hope the anxiety gets better soon.
    • Posted

Lynn i was reading up on Trazodone its also supposed to help with anxiety has it help your anxiety at all. I dont have high blood pressure so not sure if it would bring my BP down to low.
    • Posted

I reached 6 weeks in and still have horrible anxiety. When do you call it quits. I had periods of felling okay Sunday, Tuesday and last night, the anxiety is worse than it was week 3. How are you doing. Only taking .25 Klonipin in morning but it’s not enough. 
    • Posted

I not feeling any bettter and I'm at week 9 still have anxiety 24/7.  I took 1/2 a klonopin and it did nothing for my anxiety.  Your not alone.  

• Posted

In the 9 weeks you have been on it have you had any good days
    • Posted

I think I am going down to 10 a day I can’t stand the anxiety
    • Posted

Lynn, I read some where that ibuprofen helped. I have taken 2 on several occasions and it did help. Meds like ibuprofen used too frequently can cause stomach ulcers and never mix with alcohol as per my doctor.  I think the Ibuprofen helped more than the Clonazapam. 
    • Posted

I left a message for my doctor, I am going to take 20mg every other day until I talk to her on Monday. The anxiety keeps getting worse. I was better with it during week 2 and three. I woke up at 3;00 in a panic and could not fall back to sleep. When I take a Klonopin.25 the anxiety goes away but the depression takes its place. Maybe it’s time to try a lower dose or another med. I am so exhausted now, but don’t want to nap now because I won’t sleep tonigh. I take 50 Trazadone at night. I also have no appetite at all.  Hope you are well today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.