Please help!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

My husband has been sick for the longest time he has stomach pains Always has an upset stomach

He throws up every morning and feels like he can't eat anything without feeling sick

He had signs of jaundice so he had a number of tests done and they all came back normal except he has high cholesterol

But his liver function was normal too

He has a history of cancer when he was a young teen he had Hodgkin's cancer and and it wasn't detected through blood work only because of a biopsy under his arm

....Doctors can't figure this out does anybody have some suggestions of other tests he could have done or if anyone has suffered the same I've been worried about him

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello sarah,sorry to hear about your husband me to . Have an upset stomach buy i didnot do vomiting...but my aunty has the same symptoms same like your husband she has done endoscopy and it show some ulcer so her treatment is on the way.....so go to gp along with gour husband and do an endoscopy and if it will be more good sarah if do colonscopy on same time......bcoz i have an upset stomach endoscopy didnot show any problem so now i have colonscopy thats whag before i say to my doc but he say no ist we do endoscopy then after that if we think thatu. Need colonscopy then wedoit and now he say . Didnot need colonscopy thats whyi change my doctor....so my opnion is that endoscopy and colonscopy both will figure out your husband problem
  • Posted

Your poor hubby has my sympathy.  Has your G.P. suggested an endoscopy ?   I have just had one, due to similar symptoms.   That should be the next port of call I would think.     I have had nausea for several years, on and off and was told I produce too much stomach acid.    From experience, don't let your husband put up with it, even though he has had certain tests.   I am no expert, but keep going back to your G.P.    We don't like complaining in Britain, but after all it is your body.   I hope something is sorted soon.   Nausea and vomiting in my opinion are the worst things -EVER !       Keep us posted please !

• Posted

Nope his gp hasn't suggested an endoscopy but my husband is going to request one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.